I'm confused

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2009, 06:09 PM
:::Dan!elle:::'s Avatar Proud to be a CPST!
So CD 19 and 20 were the only days that I had EWCM and felt wet. The last 4 cycles I've had about 7-10 days of very slippery EWCM before I ovulated. CD 21-24 I had creamy, sticky CM and yesterday I had my first temp above coverline and was *completely* dry. Today I had a small amount of EWCM and the rest of the day I have felt dry (2nd day above coverline today). Can someone take a look at my chart and tell me what you think? I also didn't have any ovulation pains like I usually get.

ddmhellus's WebCharts
April 1st, 2009, 06:19 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Generally speaking, you need 3 or more days of mucus to confirm a mucus Peak - which is closely associated with ovulation.

Any mucus at all is potentially fertile though, not just the wet and slippery kind. As long it progresses to the point that it becomes slippery, that's fine. Every cycle is unique and one thing that is fairly common with stress cycles is less mucus. The quality is the same, but the quantity and/or duration can be affected. If it never got to the point that you felt slippery or lubricated, I wouldn't say you've had a Peak.

See what the next few days bring with your temps.
April 2nd, 2009, 10:31 AM
ok thanks! My temp this morning was 97.1 and it put the thumb over my first temp above coverline so now I'm more confused
April 2nd, 2009, 08:49 PM
What does yesterday's "tiny bit of EWCM" mean? Try to forget anything you saw for a second...was there a point when you would say you went from feeling very wet to feeling much drier the next day? When would that have been? Are you in touch with an instructor for personalized support with your CM observations?
April 2nd, 2009, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
What does yesterday's "tiny bit of EWCM" mean? Try to forget anything you saw for a second...was there a point when you would say you went from feeling very wet to feeling much drier the next day? When would that have been? Are you in touch with an instructor for personalized support with your CM observations?
No, I don't have an instructor of anything. I felt almost completely dry yesterday, never felt the least bit wet. I felt pretty wet on CD 23, but all I had was creamy CM that day, the next day I was completely dry. The EWCM yesterday was once, when I wiped then that was it. Today I've been mostly dry too, with a small amount of creamy CM here and there. And today my cervix is completely closed and firm.
April 2nd, 2009, 10:01 PM
If you experienced a significant change from feeling very wet to feeling not wet anymore, that's likely your Peak. How the mucus makes you feel is much more significant than how it looks. Your timing is great! Hope the 2WW goes by fast for you!
April 3rd, 2009, 08:31 AM
so today it moved my coverline. If I'm on day 4 of feeling dry is it safe to say I ovulated even though my chart is all messed up?
April 3rd, 2009, 07:59 PM
Oh it's not very messed up, just a tad unclear. I think you would really benefit from some personalized support from an instructor though, to be more confident in making & interpreting the mucus observations accurately. That would probably cut down on the confusion a lot!

I think because you've felt dry for 4 days now, your Peak was probably on Monday - since that was the last time you felt wetness. Ovusoft is likely just being extra cautious because of the EWCM you saw on Weds, which is good! Being overly cautious is better than under-cautious!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search