TTC in 4.5 months!

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, the count down is on! We are going to be TTC in 4 months and two weeks... I can't believe how fast it's come around!

I have one concern... I've been charting my cycles for 11.5 months now and have never noticed 'egg-white' CM. I know my body can produce this as before I was on the BCP, I remember getting sticky, then creamy, then egg-white CM, over 4-5 days. I'm guessing it's either the 10 years on the BCP or the fact I'm older (27) that has made my body producing a different pattern of CM?

Over the last 11.5 months, I feel a slippery/wet sensation over 2 or 3 days, as well as see small amounts creamy CM. That's all. No sticky or eggwhite CM.

Is this a reason to be concerned, or am I just being too paranoid!? Is there anything I can do to increase egg-white CM? I do take hay-fever medication which I've been told could effect the amounts of CM I produce, and I am planning on talking to my doctor about stopping that as I don't think I can take it while TTC as it's bad for a baby. But I am moving into a new house in a week, so am hoping my hay fever won't be so bad then!

Thanks if you made it all the way through that!
April 18th, 2009, 01:47 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on being able to TTC soon! Very exciting!

As for the CM, the Pill does damage the crypts in your cervix where good quality CM is produced. Because it's such a delicate organ, it can take some time (up to 2 years) to recover and sometimes it never recovers to where it was before the Pill.

But the good news is that as long as you notice feeling slippery for a few days, that's all the CM you need! If you weren't feeling slippery ever, then you should be very concerned. But since you are, that's good! You don't have to see copious amounts of mucus to be fertile, as long as you're producing enough to give you wet and slippery feelings - it should be just fine. Vitamin B can act as a mucus enhancer, as can penicillin based antibiotics. But I wouldn't resort to antibiotics unless there was a reason to think you have a serious CM deficiency, but it sounds like yours is adequate.

Hope that helps!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search