DH's thoughts?

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2009, 08:39 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What does DH think about charting, NFP, FAM, etc?
April 23rd, 2009, 08:51 AM
4boys
He likes it. He doesn't completely trust it yet! But he would rather I be doing this than on the pill.
April 23rd, 2009, 09:24 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
When we were avoiding he didn't care about it. Now he is looking at my FF chart and asking questions like he is really interested.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

April 23rd, 2009, 10:21 AM
bessie17's Avatar mommy2caden&adisyn
When I first approached him he was close minded and was adamant that I stay on the pill or we use condoms ALL the time. The second time around I brought my research and explained what FAM was and how it could work if done properly. Although, he does not get involved with the details he is on board. All he really wants to know is whether or not we should use a condom.

Colleen, loving mother to Caden (4yrs; 04-17-2008) and Adisyn (2yr; 01-14-2010)
April 23rd, 2009, 10:26 AM
Julka
DH rocks he has my chart on his iPod and he updates it daily and then each day he tells me where in the cycle we are, LOL. Honestly, he knows my cycles better than I do. haha. He's great, really.
April 23rd, 2009, 11:30 AM
:::Dan!elle:::'s Avatar Proud to be a CPST!
He loves it! He actually gets to have sex with me now that I'm not on the pill
April 23rd, 2009, 11:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not charting now, but I did chart my temps when we were TTC and he found it pretty interesting. I'm not sure he could ever be on board with having to abstain like you do w/ NFP, but who knows? We got married as virgins and were ready for a baby whenever and now I'm exclusively BFing but pretty much ready for another baby whenever, so we've never had to prevent! But I"m sure we will some day, and then we will be using NFP or FAM and DH is totally on board with that idea.....except for the abstaining thing.

My Ovulation Chart
April 25th, 2009, 08:22 PM
morebluethanpink
He thought it was only for people trying to get pregnant, and figured that meant we were ttc! I had to explain that it can be used the other way, too... I think he's okay with it overall. Other than that original reaction, he really hasn't said anything.
April 27th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
He didn't seem to happy about getting into the details with me when we did the course, but he's fine with me using this method of birth control. He'll take my temp for me in the morning if I ask him too, and is willing to use a condom if I'm fertile!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search