cm question?

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2009, 11:30 AM
morebluethanpink
I am on cd29 of my first "real" cycle since the birth of my son 3 months ago, 9dpo. Well I dropped below coverline today and am kinda expecting af because of it. I felt wet so i went to check and it was fertile cm ! I would call it watery. Clear slippery and very stretchy.

HUH?!?! I've been dried up for a week or so, ONLY sticky and not very much of it. Is this normal?

Link to my ff chart:

20d41b Ovulation Charts

Thanks for any advice!

Lisa
April 26th, 2009, 12:12 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you're actually going to get AF, it's normal. The plug that seals off your cervix after ovulation has to liquefy and come out to make way for the bleeding, that can appear like fertile CM.

However, there's a bit too much CM data missing from your chart to be sure that ovulation is passed. The temps are a bit odd, because there were so high before - dropped for only a week, and then went back up. Did something change during that time - your temping time or something?

It could be that your body hasn't actually ovulated yet and is gearing up to try again now. VERY normal during the first few cycles post partum!
April 26th, 2009, 12:36 PM
morebluethanpink
Thanks for responding. Nothing changed except that I started lunaception on about cd8. I slept in the dark from then on, besides cd14,15,16. It is my only explanation for the dropping temps, but I am not entirely convinced because they took a couple days to drop after that so... not sure. I have actually wondered the same thing... if that was *really* ovulation or not? As for the missing cm, it is error on my part. I was getting impatient and thinking I was never going to ovulate so I stopped recording it and my cp for a few days. Stupid I know. lol I DO know that I never did have ewcm, but cm was increasing in quantity and got to be creamy/watery (not enough to call it "watery" by itself, but a bit more fertile than "creamy" if that makes sense?) ... enough that -while I had some, uh, urges to be with dh I made sure to STAY AWAY because I was afraid O was coming soon... and then my temps did that and I"ve dried up (but AFTER the supposed O day) ... and now I'm just left confused and *hoping* af is coming, bringing with her a less confusing cycle this time!

Lisa
April 26th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Well, the CM may not increase in quantity....but it does have to increase in quality to confirm ovulation. Quality means the sensation it produces - like when it makes you feel wet or slippery. Those feelings should increase to the point that you feel slippery and lubricated, and then dry up. A slippery feeling is equivalent to visible EWCM, even if you don't see anything.

Are you keeping another chart designed for NFP, or just the Fertility Friend one? Fertility Friend is designed for TTC, so the mucus categories are quite limited for TTA. As you can see, they have no options to put in what the CM feels like - only what it looks like (which is only half of the observation, the less important half!)

I'd stick to the pre-ovulatory rules of whatever form of NFP you're using for right now, just because everything is a bit unclear. You know, just in case AF isn't on it's way yet.

Last edited by ShawnaCAN; April 26th, 2009 at 03:57 PM.
April 26th, 2009, 04:50 PM
morebluethanpink
HOLY CRICKEYS I have a +OPK!

I guess that watery cm was NOT pre-af stuff. lol I tested sooooo much with OPK's this month and never got anything even remotely a ++ but it is definitely + today! I stopped testing a few days ago, after my "supposed" O. Today I decided to test just to see... the watery cm, plus the temp dip... I started wondering WHAT IF i haven't already o'd and these are signs....???

Well THANK GOD that dh stayed where he did last night, becuase we were going to bd and - thinking I had already o'd- it likely would've been without condoms! Wellllll this will be a lesson learned for me (and take notes if you're reading! lol) that unless you KNOW positively 100 percent you've already o'd, USE PROTECTION! lol

Although, just ftr, can impending af give you a +opk?

Lisa
April 26th, 2009, 06:25 PM
No, impending AF can't give you a positive OPK. Only two things can, an attempt at ovulation and pregnancy.

As for condoms...that's actually FAM, not NFP. Just fyi.
April 26th, 2009, 07:07 PM
morebluethanpink
Well I TRY to follow NFP. As you can see from my chart, at the time of the "maybe" ovulation I stayed far, far away from dh! lol I thought I may be potentially fertile, so abstained. The "plan" is to use condoms from cd 6 onto confirmed O and abstain entirely when I think the most fertile time is. I'm just not sure this plan is going to work tonight.

Did I mention i have SERIOUS baby fever?!?! Did I mention it is ME that wants to wait until december to ttc... dh would be fine with anytime now! Soooooo I need some willpower. Someone... lend me some?

And I just took a shower, then checked cp and it is WAYYYYY up there. I seriously can't even reach the opening at all. So I'm guessing this is the REAL ovulation approaching.

Willpower? Anyone? HOW do you guys deal with this (and by this I mean, the baby fever when ultimately you want to avoid?)

Lisa, who needs to hide in a corner or under the bed or somewhere where dh isn't... lol
April 26th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morebluethanpink View Post
So I'm guessing this is the REAL ovulation approaching.
You can hope! Can only confirm it after the fact. You can gear up to O and then not go through with it, even a positive OPK is not a guarantee that it will happen - just means your body is seriously considering it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morebluethanpink View Post
Willpower? Anyone? HOW do you guys deal with this (and by this I mean, the baby fever when ultimately you want to avoid?)
Sorry, I'm no help...zero baby fever here. When the fires are raging, all I have to do is think "Do I really want to be pregnant right now?" That puts out the flames pretty fast. LOL
April 27th, 2009, 06:36 AM
morebluethanpink
I don't know WHY I have such baby fever! I generally get it, but not until later on. But this one? I was in the hospital for 8 days after the birth (bp issues) and there I was, in POSTPARTUM UNIT, jealous of the women just coming in from delivery! Seriously, it struck EARLY! And it's terrible.

The only other time I had baby fever this early, I gave birth to another child before my first one ever had a birthday!

How old are your kids? How old is your youngest?
April 27th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Mine are 6, 5, 3, 2, and 14 months. We wanted them close together and are thoroughly enjoying them. The thought of another baby doesn't phase me at all, the more the merrier! But the thought of another pregnancy is my motivation to TTA. I need a break from that part!

How old are all of yours? I think it's way cool that you're going to go for #7 eventually. I'm the oldest of 7 myself.

So....if you have baby fever, and DH is ok with TTC - why not?
April 27th, 2009, 09:41 AM
morebluethanpink
Shawna, I'm choking here! Yours are REALLY close together! EEK! Mine are 9,8 (both just had birthdays in march) 6 (well, he will be on sunday), 4, 2 and 3 months.

What was it like growing up with 7 of you? I only had one sibling, so this is new to me. lol I'm not sure why not (as far as ttc goes). Part of me says YES! and part of me says ARE YOU FLIPPIN crazy?!?! Mind you, last night I told dh I was probably fertile and he needed to be strong because my willpower to wait was lacking. All he said was "you know my willpower to wait is ALWAYS lacking" Sooooo... we you-know-what without anything and I guess we'll see what happens... part of me is really, really hoping. Even though I'd be due in january and don't want that! My last two kids were both born on january 25 and the one before that was december 28th so I was kind of hoping to avoid that time of year...

Lisa
April 27th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Ooooh, exciting! LOL

As for growing up in a big family, it ROCKED! We grew up on a ranch and had lots of great adventures. DH only had 1 sister and always wished he had more siblings, especially brothers. He always wished he had brothers to play with. We decided early on to try to give that to our kids if we could (health, finances, etc permitting).

As kids, it was a lot of fun - but as adults,having my brothers and sisters has been such a huge blessing in my life! Anytime I've had a baby, my sisters swoop in and help with the other kids. Anytime someone is moving or renovating, my brothers lend a hand to make it go fast. It's fun! We were actually all together last weekend making home made sausage. We split the cost of butchering the pigs, lots of hands makes the work go fast, and we can all fill our freezers with a year's worth of home made sausage!

Here we are (we got this done for my parent's 25th):

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search