SHAWNA! Or anyone, please check my chart! Confused!

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2009, 11:39 AM
morebluethanpink
Here's my stupid chart with my stupid body that lies to me.

20d41b Ovulation Charts

Doesn't it SEEM like my temp should have spiked up?!?! This SHOULD have been ovulation???? I had watery cm, +opk, very high cervix, cramping, high sex drive, temp dip... but my temps are only going up a teeny tiny bit, and not higher than previously..

My only other thought is that maybe it's going up sllloooowwwwllyyyy but does that actually happen? I don't think so. It has to spike, right? GRRRRR.... oh well.

My opk is now ---- my cervix is moving down, almost no cm (tiny bit of sticky) .. EVERYTHING indicates that I ovulated except my temps! lol How would you read this chart? Is it possible O occured? Or not?

I'm going crazy wondering, please help!

Lisa
April 29th, 2009, 01:22 PM
:::Dan!elle:::'s Avatar Proud to be a CPST!
I am pretty sure that you can have a slow temp rise after ovulation. I know I have had a few months where my temp didn't go above coverline until 2 dpo.
April 29th, 2009, 02:01 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The rise in your temperatures can be delayed by an extra day or two. That's normal. Give it a few more days. Ovulation generally occurs on your last day of slippery mucus, on the first day of drying up, and up to the second day of drying up. Temps usually rise after ovulation.
April 29th, 2009, 04:12 PM
morebluethanpink
Danielle and Shawna, thanks for looking!

Danielle, if the day I am thinking cd30 WAS (haha) infact O day, then I am already 2dpo today.

I DID play around with my temps on my ovusoft software, and if my next few temps go to coverline or above, it puts my ovulation day at cd30 (SEE??? lol) I don't really understand WHY it would take the temps going above cover AFTER two of them are already below them, but it gave me an egg for that day. I just do not know how to share my ovusoft chart anywhere but on tcoyf. It's more confusing.

Of course, this means nothing becsuae the temps I put in are made up and not necessarily ones I will be getting... but it's nice to know that I'm not ENTIRELY crazy thinking cd 30 could possibly be O day.. lol So many people are telling me this looks annov. I guess only time will tell. Thank you for your help.

Lisa

Oh, sorry Shawna, I meant to say: what do you mean by:

Ovulation usually occurs on the last day of slippery mucus, on the first day of drying up, and up to the second day of drying up.

I mean, I know what it means, per se, but those are two or three different days.. how can ovulation occur on all of those days? Or is that referring to how long the egg is alive after dropping.. ??? I'm confused! lol

Lisa
April 29th, 2009, 04:47 PM
No, it's doesn't occur on all of those days. Charting only gives us an estimate of when ovulation occurs, it doesn't actually tell us the exact day. It's a close estimate, but still just an estimate. Even temps don't tell us the exact day, because they can begin to rise just before ovulation happens or even a couple of days after ovulation.

When they were studying the relationship between cervical mucus and ovulation, they found that ovulation is most closely associated with the last day of slippery mucus (known as the Peak day). *Usually* ovulation occurs on a woman's Peak day. In some cycles, it might happen on the day after Peak. And sometimes it can even be on the second day after Peak.
There is no way for us to know exactly which day it happens during any given cycle, aside from daily ultrasounds. That's why the 3 days after Peak are always considered potentially fertile.

Does that clarify or make it more confusing?

Last edited by ShawnaCAN; April 29th, 2009 at 05:37 PM.
April 30th, 2009, 08:48 AM
morebluethanpink
No, that makes sense, thank you.

And my temp went up above coverline this morning so I guess we'll see...

Lisa
April 30th, 2009, 11:07 AM
There ya go, that looks promising (and completely within the realm of "normal!") Can't wait to see if you get two more and can be officially in the 2WW!!! Exciting!
April 30th, 2009, 02:50 PM
morebluethanpink
I am totally keeping my fingers crossed that it stays up! Would you agree with cd 30 then? (if it stayed up, I mean?)
April 30th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morebluethanpink View Post
I am totally keeping my fingers crossed that it stays up! Would you agree with cd 30 then? (if it stayed up, I mean?)

Well, when was the last day you had slippery mucus? The CM on CD30 isn't marked.
April 30th, 2009, 03:40 PM
morebluethanpink
I had to go look on ovusoft... Okay.

CD 28 watery (didn't mark wet or anything.. don't remember if it was/wasn't)
CD 29 watery, wet feeling
CD 30 creamy, wet feeling
CD 31 sticky, almost nothing and dry feeling

Do you have any idea how to share the ovusoft chart on here?
April 30th, 2009, 05:59 PM
morebluethanpink
morebluethanpink's WebCharts

hope this works
April 30th, 2009, 09:56 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
It did work and it looks good so far. Good Luck!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

April 30th, 2009, 11:00 PM
It works! CD30 looks good to me if those temps stay up!
May 1st, 2009, 07:39 AM
morebluethanpink
Thanks Ladies! My temp is still up this morning, so I really think this is it. Now, we wait. lol

FF is giving me a "maybe" o date of cd32 but says my cm doens't match. I KNOW it wasn't that day. All the signs of O were gone by cd31. Completely. So I just don't think so. Besides, cd30 works more in my favor so I'll go with that one. hehehe like we can pick, right?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search