Is it normal...

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2009, 09:53 PM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
Don't get me wrong, we are doing FAM to AVOID pregnancy... but this is the first time I've charted my cycles without actually trying to conceive... and yet I find myself WANTING to see a regular cycle. Kwim? Is that weird? LOL It's not that I want to ovulate to be able to conceive, I just want to know that my cycles are regular.

I'm in my 2nd cycle off of BCPs and I'm not happy with my charting, I forgot to temp a few days, but it still seems like my temps are crazy. My first cycle showed a definite temp shift and I was THRILLED! But my 2nd cycle doesn't look as regular.

I just want to be regular... even if it's not to get preggo.

Anyone else feel this way?
May 3rd, 2009, 04:23 AM
Julka
Christa, I've never been on any BCPs but I have plenty of "weird" cycles. Just 3-4 months ago, I had a cycle with NO temp shift at all, it was very bizzare, the entire thing. I am not sure what effects it, but needless to say, we didn't know what to do or when b/c it was so confusing. I hope your body regulates soon. I know for me, even little amounts of stress, worrying, and then getting colds and being sick makes my charts all wacky.
May 3rd, 2009, 06:20 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's very normal to have irregularity coming off the BCP, and it's also very normal to want to see a regular cycle - it re-assures us that we're healthy. I have PCOS and have never had a regular cycle in my life, but it doesn't stop me from wishing I could see one! LOL

Give yourself some time and patience though. What I often see with my post-Pill clients is a few regular cycles when they first go off, and then things for bonkers for awhile before settling back into a similar kind of pattern that they had before they ever went on the BCP. Full recovery (hormones, uterus, and cervix) from the BCP can last anywhere from 3-18 months. Of all those three things which are affected by the BCP, the cervix takes the the longest to heal again - so you may notice that your CM gradually changes with each passing cycle while that happens.
May 3rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
4boys
I totally understand. While I was waiting for my body to get a clue and start cycling after coming off the pill, I was SO impatient to see a temp shift and know that I have ovulated. It would tell me I was normal! I had to wait a long time but it did finally happen. I know exactly how you feel!
May 4th, 2009, 01:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I know what you mean - but do expect some crazy temps etc for a while. My first 6-7 cycles seemed to be all over the place, temps jumping around, ovulating late in cycle, short LP etc. Everything has seemed to fall into place over the last couple of months (this is my 12th cycle charting).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search