Not sure what my body is doing?!

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This is currently my 12th cycle off BCP and of charting. My cycles, were 'regular' right from the start, and within a few months I had a pattern of producing creamy CM 2/3 days before I ovulated on day 14/15, then a 11/12 day LP before AF showed up (so cycles around 26 - 28 days long).

This month, however my body is doing something really weird...

Got to day 11 in cycle and started seeing/feeling CM. Day 13 got cramps which generally lines up ovulation/temp rise so I expected to see temp increase on day 14 to indicate I had actually o'ed, but it never happened.

I am now on day 20 - for the past 10 days I've seen sticky, creamy and egg-white (first time I've seen that since going off the BCP!!) CM, had very wet sensations and have had cramping every day. Today has been the worst for cramping, mostly on my left side but on right side as well.

My temps have stayed low this whole time.

I feel like my body is trying to ovulate but isn't actually doing so.

We did move into our new house on the first day of this cycle and although I'm not feeling that stressed any more, I'm wondering if that has something to do with it (packing, sorting our mortgage etc - not that fun)?

I'm just finding this really frustrating as I normally have such regular cycles - this isn't normal for me!! And producing this much CM isn't normal for me either...

What do you think? I don't chart online so can't link to anything...

May 14th, 2009, 07:51 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all, it's very very normal for it to take anywhere from 3-18 months for the cervix to heal completely from the effects of the BCP and start producing good quality CM again. So the fact that you're noticing an increase in the quantity and quality of the CM is normal.

Secondly, stress can definitely delay ovulation - even after the stress has passed. Sometimes the effect of a big stress (like moving!) can last a few weeks after it's over. Hang in there! Stick to the pre-ovulatory rules of your method and see what happens. Your body might keep trying until you do ovulate, or you might have a bleed. And remember, if you have bleeding without ovulation first...consider it potentially fertile! It's not menstruation!
May 14th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Shawna. I may have posted this one day to early as this morning I got a temp rise! Hopefully my CM drys up today and I can make day '20!' ovulation day... Will keep you posted...

Question though: if I did start bleeding without ovulating, would I consider that day 1 of a new cycle? Or would I'd continue charting as though it wasn't menstruation?

May 14th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
Question though: if I did start bleeding without ovulating, would I consider that day 1 of a new cycle? Or would I'd continue charting as though it wasn't menstruation?
No, you don't count it as day 1 and it's not a new cycle. You would chart it the same way as a mucus interruption...potentially fertile as long as there is bleeding and until you have 3 days of Basic Infertile Pattern (or whatever you method calls this) before considering yourself infertile. The reason for that is because bleeding can accompany ovulation. We know menstruation is menstruation because of ovulation first. But when there is no ovulation first, since it's not menstruation - it could be ovulation bleeding. So that's why it's considered potentially fertile.
May 21st, 2009, 12:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmmm.... so Day '20' I had really obvious EWCM (yay!) and my temp rose, so I assumed I ovulated that day....

Temp has stayed up but CM has not dried up. It's still 'creamy' and I'm still getting 'wet' feelings...

What do you think is going on?

If day '20' was the day I ovulated, then AF should be showing up on Tuesday next week (making it a 34 day cycle - much longer than my normal 27/28 days).

May 21st, 2009, 07:34 AM
Without a dry up, you can't confirm ovulation with the mucus pattern. If you're still getting wet feelings, I would be very suspect of your thermal shift. Do you have 3 temps which are 0.4 degrees higher than the previous 6 temps? Do you have an online chart we could see?
May 24th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No, I don't chart online, only paper. I found FF really confusing so just stick to paper!

My temp shifts have never been huge since starting charting 12 cycles ago. My pre-ovulation temps are generally 36.3 - 36.5 and my temps after ovulating are 36.7 - 36.9. I did question that with my instructor but she said all my other 'signs' where indicating I was ovulating.

Looking back at my chart, I 'think' I ovulated on day 21, and it's now day 30. All temps have been high since day 21... And are 'obviously' higher then the previous 6 temps (from days 15 - 20).

Very strange...!

May 24th, 2009, 08:29 AM
It's really hard to evaluate the CM pattern or the thermal shift without actually seeing the data from each day. A weak shift isn't a big deal if your CM pattern is obvious, but if the CM pattern doesn't confirm ovulation - you can't use a weak shift to trump that and assume ovulation has occurred. I think this might be a good chart to go over with your teacher.
May 26th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmmm... AF 'should' be showing up today or tomorrow if I 'did' ovulate on day 21 as I though. Think I'll see how this next month pans out, and if it does something weird as well, then I'll send my chart to my instructor.

Thanks for your input Shawna!

May 27th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
AF showed up today on cycle day number 33 - terrible cramps, the whole works. From the day I 'think' I ovulated, LP is 11 which is normal for me...

Don't know. Just gunna be careful with using another form of birth control and see what the next cycle brings..!

May 27th, 2009, 07:37 AM
If you are apprehensive about how the rules work in irregular cycles, that's a good thing to discuss with your teacher too. Sometimes when things are very regular, it's good to have a little reminder about how it all works when things are irregular too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search