Hi!

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2009, 10:30 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, ladies! I've been lurking here for a few days, but now I'm ready to jump into this FAM stuff with both feet, so I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Penelope, and my DB is J (both 24). We have one angel, and we're WTTC until an unknown time (but no later then April, 2011, which is what my ticker reflects).

A little bit of background...I only had one regular cycle after the D&C on Feb 7, before I started the birth control pill, Yaz. My first pill was on May 3, and I stopped taking it yesterday. After doing more research on the way that the pill works and the possible side effects of it, I've decided that it is not an option for me. Yesterday, I also picked up the book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler (because it was recommended to me for the purpose of informing yourself about your own body, not because of FAM), and I can't put it down! It's really interesting and informative.

The only reason I'm still on the fence about FAM at this point is because I don't really want to have to wake up early EVERY single morning to temp

Anyway, thank you for reading! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
May 23rd, 2009, 10:35 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congratulations on going drug-free!!! There are several former Pill users around here and I hope they'll pop in to tell you how much better they feel off it.

As for temping, you don't have to wake up early, just temp whenever your usual waking time is. It just has to be around the same time every day.

OR there's also the option of mucus-only systems of charting if temping is going to be way too much of a hassle for you. By working with a teacher, you can easily learn to identify your times of fertility and infertility with the CM alone. The Billings Ovulation Method and the Creighton Model are the two most popular systems of mucus-only charting (but don't believe everything you hear about them in TCOYF...that's my only gripe with the book! Toni's perspective on Billings isn't entirely accurate.)

P.S. Hey! Where in Alberta are you???

Last edited by ShawnaCAN; May 23rd, 2009 at 10:39 AM.
May 23rd, 2009, 12:19 PM
I PM'd you my location

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
May 23rd, 2009, 08:32 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Welcome! I am a former Pill user and now NFPer! LOL!

I was on the pill for 6 years for "medical" reasons. I won't go into all the specifics, but I was having too frequent periods and very sharp pains all through my cycle. I went off it once my husbands company was going to get us health insurance and I wanted to see if my body would revert back to what it did 6 years previous. It didn't. We got pregnant without trying (well we were DTD - just not preventing). I read TCOYF before DH and I married and it seemed ideal but I was still afraid of the frequent periods and pain at that point. About 6 months after I had my son and my DH was getting cranky at not being able to DTD very often cause I was afraid we would get pregnant I looked into NFP. I too am not thrilled about waking up to temp everyday and my son was still waking to nurse so I couldn't be sure I would get the same amount of sleep every night or even if I would be in my bed when it was time to temp (I woke up many times to my alarm from my son's room with him asleep in my arms after nursing) so we used BOM (Billings Ovulation Method) because it didn't require temping. I took the Online instruction and I still have my instructor checking my chart and we are now trying to get pregnant. I used BOM to avoid for 10 months and we have been TTC for 18 months, and I am even temping AND doing BOM now.

Good Luck going BC Free! I took yaz before but didn't like it - I primarily used Ortho Tri Cyclen.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

June 3rd, 2009, 07:09 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome, ladies!

Visit
June 4th, 2009, 05:16 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Welcome, I think you'll enjoy using FAM when you get used to it!

June 21st, 2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks!

Visit

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search