Log In Sign Up

Pregnancy Investigations (NFP only)


Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
May 24th, 2009, 08:44 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 11,397
Has anyone ever had a pregnancy investigation? That's an investigation NFP teachers conduct when a pregnancy occurs despite consistent charting and following all the rules. It evaluates whether the pregnancy was a true NFP method surprise (1% chance), teaching-related error, user-error, etc.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
May 24th, 2009, 12:31 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: League City, Texas
Posts: 32,364
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Nope.
__________________

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

Reply With Quote
  #3  
May 24th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Julka
Guest
Posts: n/a
Hmmm, not really. I thought that with NFP, there aren't really any unexplained "surprises" and that NFP (to TTA) is generally 99% (or so) reliable with the remaining 1% (or so) being human-error, period. I mean, if you follow all the rules, there shouldn't be surprises, no? Unless you make the error. I know that our 2nd pregnancy resulted from an error that we made because we got a little "too confident" in our self teaching.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
May 24th, 2009, 08:05 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 11,397
There can be teaching related errors - in which case they will evaluate whether the teacher needs some additional training. They take that pretty seriously because while most couples would probably survive a surprise, we do also work with clients that have grave, grave reasons to avoid pregnancy (medications which can affect a fetus, life-threatening complications from pregnancy, etc). So if couples are being poorly taught by someone, most NFP organizations want to know about that for quality control purposes.

But in almost all cases that I've seen, NFP related pregnancies occur because of:
1. Little to no NFP training
2. Broken rule (knowingly or unknowingly)
3. Falling into a Rhythm/Calender mentality rather than relying on daily evidence. (Oh we should be fine, it's CD23 and I ALWAYS ovulate way before CD23......) I guess this would technically be the same thing as # 2.

You should see the Pregnancy Investigation form I'm supposed to fill out and send to headquarters in Aussie an unexplained pregnancy ever happens. I was just curious if anyone's actually ever filled one of these things out! I'm pretty sure CCL has something similar, I know Creighton does too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:14 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0