Tell me about your Luteal Phase, post partum

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2009, 05:20 PM
morebluethanpink
I've heard it's normal to have a short lp for at least one cycle after giving birth. Last month I am pretty sure my lp was 4 days (chart didn't give me "confirmed" ovulation becuase the day my temps was SUPPOSED To go up and confirm my O, it dropped and af came) lol I think I ovulated yesterday-ish (MAYBE the day before, but doubt it) and just wondering if I should expect another really short post-o phase this month? I am not breastfeeding, and my baby is 4 months old.

What did you experience? Thank you.

Lisa
May 29th, 2009, 10:20 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's normal to have a shorter than normal LP for the first 6 or so post partum cycles if you're not nursing. Every transition back to full fertility is different, but the LP generally lengthens a bit more with each passing cycle until it reaches a healthy length again.
May 30th, 2009, 12:29 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I didn't chart for 7 months after having my son so I am not too much help. My first cycle started mere days after my post partum bleeding stopped.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

June 1st, 2009, 07:54 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Even if you are not BFing it is normal to not O for a few months PP. You will have a faster return to fertility then BF mama's but it still can take a while. Maybe you had an non-Oing cycle. Maybe a FF mama could add to this. (sorry I a BF mama so I am not much help other than what I have read)

Last edited by ~*Kixs*~; June 1st, 2009 at 07:56 AM.
June 1st, 2009, 09:06 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
After my last child my leutal phase was all over the place...I did have some that were shorter than others, but some were longer too!

June 1st, 2009, 01:18 PM
morebluethanpink
Thanks everyone for the responses. I started charting last year when my child was over 1 year old, so I've never actually seen what happens in my cycles after giving birth. I know how long they were, from the start of one period to the next, but never knew when/if I o'd, how long my luteal phase was, etc. I DO know that after I birthed my first child, I had two periods, and got pregnant on that last cycle.. never even tested until day 45 of my cycle, because I heard they can be all over the place for months! lol I've had two periods since this last baby, and not sure at all what it will do of IF I even have a lp long enough to sustain a pregnancy..

My temp dropped this morning (4dpo) but so far no AF, even though I'm expecting it with such a big temp drop.. some others have told me this could be a corpus luteum drop though, and my temp *might* go back up tomorrow. ??? I guess either way, since I had a THREE day lp last month, even four days is an improvement! lol

Lisa
June 2nd, 2009, 07:27 AM
morebluethanpink
Well, I am at least 5dpo today, so I'm already doing better than last month! Yay!

I'm taking it one day at a time, hoping to make it to at least sunday without AF. (10day lp) Don't want to think too much about a possible pregnancy until then.

After that, of course, I'll be going crazy!

Lisa
June 2nd, 2009, 01:55 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
haha GL Lisa.

June 2nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
morebluethanpink
Thank you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search