New here - got a few questions!

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Veteran
Hello! I just went off hormonal BC (this is my 2nd cycle BC-free). I'm completely new to charting/temping, as I just got the book TCOYF and my basal thermometer. I'm on CD13, and noticed EWCM just once today, about mid-afternoon. It was creamy before and after. Is this normal? Don't you normally have EWCM all day for a couple days, or am I way off base?

Sorry if this is a silly question... I've been on BC since I was 17, and the only concern of mine related to female health, until recently, was avoiding getting pregnant!
June 19th, 2009, 07:16 AM
:::Dan!elle:::'s Avatar Proud to be a CPST!
Welcome! I've been off the pill since October and have yet to return to normal. There are quite a few days that I feel completely dry ALL day, then get some EWCM in the late afternoon. Always record the most fertile mucus and sensation. Are you charting to avoid or TTC?
June 19th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Veteran
We are avoiding!! I figured I wouldn't be "back to normal" this soon. My first cycle off the pill was about 27 days, the next one was 34. So I have nooo idea what my body is doing. Thanks for the reply. ...And to think my doc told me everything would return to normal as soon as I stopped the pill.
June 19th, 2009, 07:57 AM
:::Dan!elle:::'s Avatar Proud to be a CPST!
I think Shawna told me that it can take a year to return to normal. I'm hoping it doesn't take that long, but it sure is looking like it
June 19th, 2009, 08:01 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto Danielle, always record the most fertile observation of the day - even you only noticed it once. That's normal.

The transition off the Pill can make charting just a little more challenging than usual. Your body has to work very hard to sort itself out again after the synthetic hormones, that can take time. Are you interested in having some personalized support from a charting instructor? That's really the easiest way to learn it all well.
June 19th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
Ditto Danielle, always record the most fertile observation of the day - even you only noticed it once. That's normal.

The transition off the Pill can make charting just a little more challenging than usual. Your body has to work very hard to sort itself out again after the synthetic hormones, that can take time. Are you interested in having some personalized support from a charting instructor? That's really the easiest way to learn it all well.
I had seen a few people post about instructors, but hadn't really given it much thought. Are they online, or someone you have to go & see locally? What does it cost? I'm currently laid-off, thanks to our wonderful economy, and without health insurance.
June 19th, 2009, 10:26 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are lots of options. You can work with an instructor online, long distance by phone, or face to face if there are any in your area.

Most do charge a small fee for their time, but are also willing to waive the fee in cases of financial difficulty. You won't be turned away if you can't afford the fee. If you need any help figuring out what your options are locally, send me a private message and tell me where you are. I can see what instruction options are available where you are.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search