NFP help plz. X-Posted

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2009, 08:12 PM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f4...doing-nfp.html

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
June 23rd, 2009, 07:38 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't worry, you don't need a period to start charting. You can start charting any time. Charting is a daily assessment of whether you are fertile or not. Temps only tell you about ovulation after it has happened, but cervical mucus gives you the daily evidence you need to tell if today is potentially fertile or not - on any given day. Mucus is produced in response to ovarian activity.

If you feel or see mucus, sperm can live in your body - so you are potentially fertile. If you do not feel or see mucus for 3 full days in a row, you are infertile and can start following the rules of your NFP Method for intercourse. Which form of NFP are you planning to use?

Whenever someone new learns NFP, it's necessary to abstain from all genital contact for the first 2-4 weeks of charting so that you can learn to observe your mucus accurately without seminal fluid making it confusing. Now that you've stopped the Pill, you can start your baseline chart.

If you haven't taken an NFP class or course, I would highly recommend doing that if you have serious need to avoid a pregnancy at this time. Your cycles can be a bit irregular after the Pill, but a teacher can walk you through how it all works and give you personalized support. It really is the easiest way to learn. Trying to figure it out on your own can be confusing.
June 23rd, 2009, 09:17 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I just wanted to wish you luck. Maybe you are just having a little bit longer cycle. I remember I had a 45 day one shortly after beginning to chart and was so paranoid (we were avoiding). But AF finally did arrive.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search