Trying it again ( ? )

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So when my husband came home from deployment we decided we were going to try NFP ... mainly because I have PCOS and depend on the Metformin to keep my body regular .. ( I can't take birth control .. it causes SEVERE headaches and every type I've tried just reacts so strongly with my body that I just can't stand it .. ) However .. because it keeps my PCOS under control it makes me REALLY fertile ... So .. once he got home we "attempted" the NFP ... Well if you notice my ticker .. we obviously did something wrong .....

Kinsley is due to arrive on the 30th and we REALLY want to try the NFP again but hopefully without messing it up again .. ( She was a very pleasant surprise but I really don't want another one SO soon ... )

So I'm really hoping you ladies can help a gal out!!!
June 25th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well congrats on your baby girl, I hope you have an easy labor.

I'm new to this board so Im still trying to learn about NFP. I cant be on BC because I have a history of blood clots from BC and I'm sick of condoms!
June 26th, 2009, 07:05 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome back! I know it probably gets repetitive around here, but if you want success with NFP - do take a class if you haven't already! It won't take long, but then you're SET. You'll have all the information and skills you need to use NFP no matter what situation you're in - breastfeeding, cycling regularly, peri menopause, etc.

As for the last go 'round with NFP, if you were not working with an instructor at the time - do take your pregnancy chart with you when you do hook up with one. They can do a pregnancy investigation with you. Moving forward with NFP can be a bit scary if you have a pregnancy which remains an unsolved mystery." Knowing what happened can give you greater confidence because then you'll know what to do differently!

Good luck! Don't hesitate to ask questions!
June 26th, 2009, 11:47 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Congrats on your baby girl. When I learned NFP - I did it online. I had a "new" baby - he was 7 months when I started.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

June 26th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies!

I had no idea they taught classes on NFP! I'm def. going to ask my doctor where I can find out more information about them! Thanks!
June 26th, 2009, 01:51 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! Don't hesitate to check out the resource sticky - lots of info about the different NFP methods and training options in there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search