Still Waiting to O...

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2009, 03:44 AM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
and getting frustrated. I went of BCP in April, so I know it's not unusual to have varying cycle lengths. But my first two cycles off the pill were 25 and 28 days, with O on days 12 and 14. This is my third cycle and I'm on CD 21 with no O in sight. I thought maybe my weight loss could be a factor but I am losing a consistent amount of weight each month (10-12 pounds) and if anything I thought that would help regulate my cycles.

No point for this post really. I guess I'm just a little disappointed because I had hoped that maybe for the first time ever things might go like clockwork. I just hope this cycle doesn't end up being 50 days or anovulatory or something weird like that.

July 7th, 2009, 11:39 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Weight loss can cause a delay in O, just as weight gain can effect O. I know I am not much help.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

July 7th, 2009, 04:31 PM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's okay. Thanks for responding though!

I had some more fertile CM so think I might be close though. I'll do another OPK tonight and hopefully see something.

July 7th, 2009, 08:05 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I know that when I got off hormonal BC my cycles were good for a couple of months then went wacky and got regulated again. I know you don't want to hear it, but that was my experience. I hope that you O soon.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

July 8th, 2009, 09:07 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In working with post-BCP clients, that sort of pattern is something I see all the time! A few normal-ish cycles, and then things get wacky for awhile before settling down again. I know that's probably not what you want to hear. But even with long cycles, there are usually a lot of infertile days. It just takes 3 cycles to determine your Basic Infertile Pattern, then you don't have to focus only on ovulation...you can focus instead on what's happening. Your body switches back and forth from infertility to potential fertility. Once you have your BIP identified, you can use those times of infertility whenever they happen.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search