Hey! Over here!

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2009, 09:23 AM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am new to this board, I had no idea that this board was even on here in the first place! :gasp:

I mainly am in AIP and TTC, and Want a baby but partner doesn't. (Too big to put in abbreviations lol)

I am 21, dbf is 21 as well, he has a 2 year old DD with an ex (don't EVEN get me started on her....argh!)

We have been together 8 months, live with each other for 6 now, and we fell hard and fast. We met in the most crazy and coincedental way, that we both just knew where were introduced to each other to, without sounding cliche, but Be Together Forever. Plus, we are both big on commitment and know that if we don't wanna be there, or if we aren't in it for it to be forever, we leave. lol, hasn't happened yet!

Recently, I got health insurance and some big news I was not expecting. I have HPV and something wrong with my ovaries. The doc said he thought it was PCOS, but after the bloodwork, says he doesn't yet know what is wrong. They just don't work right, leaving me with wacky and irregular cycles. Hm.

I was on the pill for a while, and I really want to have kids. But the bf wants to wait for us to have more money, so we are here. Kinda, if it happens, it will happen no matter what, so might as well enjoy the ride. lol and so far, for 2 months, NFP has worked like a charm, or at least using it to avoid! Plus, I have my doubts on me being able to conceive. It's been like this sinking feeling in my gut ever since I started to want children, and has proven right up until this point, especially with my health issues as of late.

Just wanted to give you the 411 on me, and let you know I will be posting here more!

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

August 17th, 2009, 10:24 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Welcome!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

August 18th, 2009, 07:52 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Back before I became the mom of 3 beautiful children, I had a sinking feeling I wouldn't be able to have kids too, it came from somewhere, I won't bore you with it though, but I was wrong...in fact if the pregnancy part weren't so awful for me I'd say it was EASY because conceiving isn't a hard part for me (thus far).
Anyway, welcome to the board!

August 19th, 2009, 08:16 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I was also very concerned that we wouldn't be able to have kids. I have PCOS and as long I can remember, I would go 3-6 months between periods. I was sure something was very wrong. Well, something is a little wrong because I don't ovulate as frequently as other women...but we've had no trouble conceiving as long as we time it right. So have hope!!!! Check out my sig...LOL
September 6th, 2009, 01:32 PM
How are you doing?
September 6th, 2009, 04:35 PM
I am doing a lot better. The doc found pre-cancerous cells that he has to freeze off, but other than that, a lot better in fact. We are kinda NTNP right now-not for the fact of having kids, but that I STILL am waiting for my period. I am probably over 3 weeks late, and had some spotting for a week that I kept thinking was going to turn into a period-but it didn't. I think it was due to my biopsey and colposcopy the doc did. I also talked to my bf last night about marriage. He is scared since he was with his ex for 6 years, and right before she got pregnant she turned into a terrible you-know-what. He is a little afraid I will do the same, then he would be stuck with me! lol, I understand, but we actually GOT somewhere last night. He said that he is waiting for the perfect moment...which is a huge step closer, so I guess he got past the scared part a little. Then he mentioned how nice it would be to get engaged at the Lights of Christmas-where we had our first date. That would only be like 3 months away! I even asked if he would need reminders so he wouldn't forget he will propose there, but he declined...ha ha ha. I still think he may forget, so my friend said to just say as the time get's closer about "how nice it will be to finally get engaged, and how much fun we'll have" so it will look more positive than scary to him.

It really is nice to know that others have felt that sinking feeling of not being able to get pregnant. I guess the realization hit harder since I felt that way-then was told I couldn't without going on Clomid. So it was like it really hit home, that I was right. Then I figured that since I felt like I never could, that maybe I couldn't and the doc will see that for when we do try. But I am not going to stress about it now, I think we are just continuing to NTNP since I can't get pregnant right now since I don't ovulate.

But whatever works! How are you ladies doing?

September 7th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Pretty good here. Trying to finish painting a room for my girl's this weekend, so I'm feeling a little light-headed from the paint fumes. LOL
September 7th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Aw, lol, what color you painting it? That sounds like fun (though work as well) and I bet it will look SO cute when you guys are done! I have over time bought a bunch of stuff for my bf's DD for when we get our own place near march. (Or after our tax returns), and I am so excited since I have so many cute decorations-cute curtains my mom bought, flowers to go on the wall, butterflies and dragonflies that are pink and sparkly, and a matching coat rack I can put to her level. I am so excited since it all matches her comforter I bought her for her toddler bed. Her room will be so cute-too bad we won't be able to paint it since it'll be an apt or rental!

September 10th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Rent my house, I'll let you paint it, lol.

September 11th, 2009, 08:48 AM
HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Well, I live in WA, lol or else I probably would!

September 12th, 2009, 02:05 AM
Yeah, well Idaho is nice, lol.

September 19th, 2009, 08:05 AM
How are you doing?
September 19th, 2009, 12:17 PM
I am okay. Started charting, which is a lot of fun in my opinion! Although I got my cervix frozen yesterday, so I think I have a fever now. THAT wasn't too much fun, and it really hurt!!! I kept passing out afterwards in the office. But I am okay now, just feeling feverish. No BD for a month, too.

September 19th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Aw ouch. That doesn't sound like fun at all! I agree, charting is way fun!
September 20th, 2009, 12:13 AM
I hope you get to feeling better!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search