Freaking out just a bit.

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2009, 06:49 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I have come face to face with the problems with the Marquette model of NFP. Last cycle was annovulatory. I still bled around the time my period would have started. This was enough to be called menses according to that program. Well, I bled about half as much as a normal AF automatically had EWCM and my temperature rose today. I am on CD 7 So, that would approximate ovulation to be CD6 (according to the new cycle theory of Marquette model) way too early for the monitor to pick up. But...per their rules that you can DTD the first 5 days of any cycle DH and I DTD on CD 4. Now I am freaking out a little bit. I know I can't confirm ovulation for another 2 temperatures, but all signs point to I ovulated yesterday. ovarian cramping, EWCM dry up, the higher temp, not sleeping as well.

At this point a baby would be 99.9% welcome in our home and we would be excited. I would be able to finish this up coming semester and get my bachelors. It just is that I was planning on another degree before children came. For once I am glad DH doesn't look at my charts. If I don't get pregnant, I don't want to worry him. Here is to hoping. I have a POAS if I get suspicious 10 days from now or so...

I had reservations about Marquette, this was the biggest one. But we decided that it was better to follow the method and possibly get pregnant for more accuracy of the study.

My Chart

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Last edited by geogeek; August 23rd, 2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: added chart link
August 23rd, 2009, 09:21 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's one of the reservations I had about Marquette too, when reading through some of their explanations of the method. Most other forms of NFP do not consider bleeding a true menstruation if you didn't ovulate yet, so you treat it as potentially fertile (abstain and count 3) because it could be ovulation bleeding. I think TCOYF has a similar rule, if I'm not mistaken. I'm surprised Marquette has not accounted for ovulation bleeding. Of course, if ovulation was confirmed then there's no need to count 3 after a true menstruation.

Hang in there and keep us posted! Have you explained the situation to one of the Marquette nurses to see what they say about it?
August 23rd, 2009, 09:53 AM
TCOYF does have those rules too. DH and I talked about it before as to which rules we were going to follow and decided on Marquette. This part of the program has always bugged me, now I REALLY know why.

I haven't talked to the nurses about this. I will though. I just need to write it out and make sure I am understandable. I don't know how to add in the "and I still take my temperature" bit as I don't trust the method as well as sympto-thermal.

I will keep you updated. At least it is at a time that it would be slightly inconvenient, but not unwelcome.

August 23rd, 2009, 10:09 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it would be a really good thing to bring up. I doubt they'll care about the temping, it's not like it really interferes with the monitor or the rules - it's just extra. And even if you did use a day of fertility, it's not like there's a guarantee you'll conceive. Just higher odds.
August 23rd, 2009, 10:21 AM
There are odds even if someone is TTC. My chances are quite low, and that is a good thing since my TTC date isn't for another 2 years I just don't like knowing the chances are higher because of a (not so well thought out) NFP program when I know that NFP works almost 100% if you are following all the rules in a well established method.

August 23rd, 2009, 04:01 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Well, I know that many women have sex at the right time and don't get pregnant, so don't get too worried about it!
And like your siggy says about God's Will, if you do get pregnant...then maybe that's just what was meant to be.
And finally, I got pregnant last July cuz I was totally stupid, and it SO proved to be exactly what needed to happen. And I thought I wouldn't have been able to graduate this past May cuz I had my baby in March, right in the middle of what was supposed to be my student teaching, but God worked it out for me and I got my degree and when I was planning to TTC I would have had to say no because everything had changed, so God just made it happen when it could.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search