Confused. Please help.

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
I was wrong about the CM I think. I don't include BD days if DH pulls out so the day I thought I had CM I don't believe it was now. I have been looking at others charts on FF and noticing a pattern with their temps and when they ovulate. Now most of them either check CM on a daily basis or OPK or something like that but they all have a dip in their temp.

So based on that, wouldn't I have O'd on the 13th and not the 9th?
September 6th, 2009, 07:07 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I don't see clear ovulation at all. Without CM observations it is even harder to interpret. The temperatures seem erratic. With the open circles for the last couple of days it could cause the temperatures to be unreliable. Sorry, but I can't see ovulation having occurred yet. There may be another opinion from more experienced ladies than me

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 6th, 2009, 08:09 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry, it's really tough to say without the CM record. Dips are inconclusive by themselves, it's the overall pattern you're looking for. You can confirm ovulation when you have 3 temps which are at least 0.2 degrees above the previous 6. I don't see a thermal shift on your chart yet. If you think you might be breathing with your mouth open at night, you may want to try temping vaginally next cycle. That often helps with the bounciness.

Do include the BD on your record even if DH pulls out though, because pre-ejaculate fluid can escape at any time during intercourse and that can affect what you observe the next day. Men can't feel when that happens. It's also important to record that so that if you conceive, it will make calculating a due date easier.
September 6th, 2009, 08:14 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
I don't see clear ovulation either. Temperature only verifies that ovulation has occurred after the fact. Even if you have sex and can't tell immediately what your CM is, there are signs as to what they are even if seminal fluid is on the TP along with your CM.

You can do one of two things. Drop your CM/SF into a cup of water. CM will dissolve, SF will not OR, take it from the toilet paper, rub it on your fingers. SF will dry up, your CM will not.

Then you should be able to chart your CM. It's better to pay attention to that and your vaginal sensation then to just rely on your temps alone, even on your fertile days.
September 6th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
Thanks ladies. That helps bunches. Like I said before I am really new to all of this.
September 6th, 2009, 12:36 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No problem! We were all new to this at one time!
September 6th, 2009, 01:24 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
Yep. It's amazing how many of us have learned together. I'm still learning new things.
September 10th, 2009, 09:35 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
There's always more to learn! Feel free to keep asking questions!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search