Spotting vs Light AF

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Mommy2Noah&Jack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am having trouble deciphering when to put spotting and when to put Light Menses while charting... TMI ahead...

From what I have read, spotting is pink or brown, you consider it Menses if it is red. I have been having days here and there where it is bright red. One day, 3 dpo there was big gush in the morning and I put menses, then went back and changed it when it stopped later in the day to spotting because it stopped. Then yesterday, I again had bright red and definately light AF- like, and it lasted a day now is spotting.

How do I know when to actually start a new chart? I go back and change it but how do I know my body isnt just having lots of little cycles or something. I am worried that I am not going to accurately chart because it doenst seem like I have textbook spotting.... My body is so wierd!

September 9th, 2009, 07:55 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Usually CD1 is the first day of actual flow following ovulation. Flow = when you need more than a pantyliner to deal with it. Color is irrelevant.

For example, when ovulation hasn't been confirmed yet, bleeding isn't the start of a new cycle because it could be ovulation bleeding. Most NFP charting systems allow you to enter bleeding without starting a new cycle when that happens, but FF just automatically starts a new cycle every time there is bleeding.

In your case, since it stopped it obviously wasn't AF but related to the endo. To trick FF, putting spotting is fine even if it was more than that. You may want to make a note of what actually happened though, it could be relevant to your doctor.
September 9th, 2009, 08:02 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
FF does allow spotting before starting a new cycle, or in mid cycle...just as an addition...but otherwise Shawna already answered your question.

September 10th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Thanks Shawna. Usually I will need more than a pantyliner, it just stops in a day or so. I have a bleeding disorder (VonWillebrands) as well so that probably isnt helping. Last month I had spotting all but 5 days of the cycle so I wasnt really sure when to say its AF not spotting because it all blended together, kwim? The day it picked up is when I put I started AF. I dont know how I am actually gonna ever pinpoint which day I o. I hope to someday use the shettles method to ttc a girl, but with my body I probably wont be able to do it right.

September 10th, 2009, 03:26 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My aunt had excellent results when she treated her Endo with a particular diet. She was scheduled for a complete hysterectomy and canceled it because the improvement was so significant. Have you had much luck with treatment - Lupron? Surgery? Diet?
September 10th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I had Laparoscopy and Ablasion done in 2004 and was then put on Danazol, which I guess they dont use anymore- it was horrible! They then did a series of Lupron injections and it helped temporarily. I was beginning to have trouble again in 2005 and DH and I decided to start a family... being pregnant has been the best thing for me. My body is actually normal and I feel the best ever when I am. Unfortnately if it were up to my DH we'd be done. I want one more! My doc who did the ablasion thought for sure I would have difficulty conceiving because of my Endo but we were lucky. I have tried all kinds of BCP with no luck and the Mirena IUD which I bled all the time with too. I was scheduled with my new doc for another round of Laparoscopy a few months back but he canceled the surgery at my preop physical a week before instead wanting to do a D&C. It made me mad since I know that I have a history of Endo and its been awhile so most likely I need ablasion again. I figued I would chart for awhile and then take them to a new doc to get some help. I hate constantly bleeding or if I am not being prepared to at any moment. I hadnt heard about any diets.... I'll have to look into it! Thanks!!

September 10th, 2009, 09:32 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
That must be hard to deal with all of that

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search