Qotd (9/13)

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2009, 03:17 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
What do you like about your particular method of choice compared to the other methods out there?

What do you not like about it?
September 13th, 2009, 04:26 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Well, I use kind of a hybrid method with STM and Marquette. I don't like Marquette. I will not be using it exclusively through the study. I just don't trust it at all. If you are very regular...it would work.

STM, I love. I can't really say that I have problems with it. This is my most preferred method. I haven't tried BOM though, so it isn't a complete comparison. I am content.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 13th, 2009, 07:00 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The type of STM we learned wasn't very good (Serena). It required a lot of abstinence for us and had no protocols for figuring out the difference between infertile discharge and fertile mucus - so you had to consider all of it fertile. From what I've read about other types of STM, they are more comprehensive than that.

We liked Creighton a lot. It was very detailed and kind of complicated. My cycles are already complicated enough, don't need a complicated method on top of that!

BOM works the best for us because it's the simplest and makes the most sense out of my complicated cycles. It also requires the least amount of abstinence for us.
September 14th, 2009, 08:26 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I think it is just simpler, and easier for me to understand. Idk if there is anything I don't like, I mean I would LOVE for there to be a crystal ball so I could plan things like weekend getaways while TTA, but, c'est la vie.

September 14th, 2009, 09:47 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I really love BOM for abstaining. I don't have to worry about remembering to temp (which is awesome after having a baby when you are up multiple times a night nursing, etc). I admit that I was worried the first 3-6 months, but I loved the ease of it. I do need to become more comfortable DTD during my BIP - but we never really came to a conclusion of one - shortly after I stopped having cycles where we weren't ovulating we began TTC.

I don't feel as in control TTC with just BOM so I use BOM in addition to temping. Though maybe it would be better if I wasn't "in control" LOL!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search