Q about lack of period..

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2009, 01:18 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok.
So its been 42 days since i DIDNT take my next depo shot.. and still no period.. and not really any clear indication that i have ovulated either.. I only used the depo shot twice.. and i know it can be a while until i get my period.. but im starting to get antsy.. and also starting to wonder if/when i should take a preg test... (which i highly doubt since we've been careful)

do you have any experience with coming off the shot and how long it took your period to get back? or a friend?

my SIL got of the depo shot and got pregnant with in the next month.. (woops)

~Em

September 16th, 2009, 01:25 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's really common to not have a period for awhile after Depo. There's really no way to predict how long it will take, there is such a wide variety of experiences when it comes to recovering from the shot. Clinical trials suggest the average time it takes your body to fully recover from Depo is 18 months - 3 years, but that doesn't mean you won't have a period for that long! It just means your cycles may be irregular, you may not produce adequate CM for awhile, etc. Hang in there! If you reach 90 days without bleeding, you may need to see your doctor about inducing a period with Provera. It's not good for the lining of the uterus to sit longer than 90 days without shedding. If you've had any contact on days of fertility so far, then it wouldn't hurt to test either - just to rule that out. If you haven't noticed any signs of fertility yet or haven't had contact on days with signs of fertility, then don't bother wasting a test.
September 16th, 2009, 01:36 PM
i havent really noticed any real good signs of fertility at all.. and def no preg symptoms.. and like i said. we've been careful so i wouldnt think i was pregnant.. it just seems like a long time to not have gotten my period back...

~Em

September 16th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I can see what it would be alarming, but it's very typical post-Depo. Very common! Hopefully soon!
September 16th, 2009, 09:26 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I have several friends who didn't get their period for a long time after depo, one didn't even get it for a year after!

September 17th, 2009, 05:54 AM
stupid depo shot...

~Em

September 18th, 2009, 07:14 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance

September 18th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Are you charting?
September 23rd, 2009, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
Are you charting?

no not yet.. just checking my CP and CM every now and then.. I plan on charting after i start my period..

ive charted before to TTC.. but not to TTA

~Em

September 23rd, 2009, 12:49 PM
What if you ovulate before you get your first period?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search