Weird PP AF

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2009, 07:05 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
This is just weird. Never in my life that I know of have I had a AF like this.

I started spotting on Saturday, then started to bleed very lightly. I mean light. Like if I didn't believe in showers, I probably could have used the same pad the past three days and still not fill it. I'm already spotting again.

I'm assuming that when I started to bleed and since the color was red, that this was my actual period, or at least that's how I charted it.

Any of you have very light AFs after birth like this?
September 21st, 2009, 11:28 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you confirm ovulation yet? If no, then this could just be breakthrough/withdrawal bleeding and not a menstrual bleed. VERY normal as your hormones start to rise and fall during the PP transition back to fertility. The color doesn't really indicate what kind of bleeding it is, the chart does (the CM patterns, whether ovulation has occurred yet or not, etc).
September 21st, 2009, 12:14 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
I was going to start charting when I started AF. Im back to bleeding again, and my temps are pretty close to where they were pre-Zoe, so Im thinking it's her. Also about a week ago, i had the grossest clear, stretchiest Cm ever, so who knows. I hope its AF, now that you got me questioning. LOL.
September 21st, 2009, 12:16 PM
Is implantation a possibility? I forgot to mention that one...
September 21st, 2009, 12:23 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
I hope not. We did DTD 9/12, but no ejaculation internally. However, I'm aware that pregnancy is still a possibility with pre-ejaculation fluid. But, it's highly unlikely. Vaginal sensation was dry and CM was sticky to lotiony, if I remember right.
September 21st, 2009, 12:32 PM
A wide range of "weirdness" is normal PP. Welcome back to chartdom!
September 21st, 2009, 12:42 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
My first postpartum period was VERY light, as was the one I had beforehand that I decided later was actually the end of my postpartum bleed...but it is possible I've had 2 very light periods, which isn't like me...and it isn't like me after giving birth for sure!

September 22nd, 2009, 07:22 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
Shawna, I thought at one time you had said to me that the presence of red blood means the start of an actual period. Does that not work for a PP bleed as well, despite the lightness?
September 22nd, 2009, 07:32 AM
You might have heard that from someone else. The red blood = period thing is one of those myths that keeps circulating. The color of the bleeding doesn't tell you what kind of bleeding it is - ovulation, withdrawal, and implantation bleeding can all be red too. They can also be heavy for some women. The timing of the bleeding with reference to the CM pattern is one of the ways to figure out what kind of bleeding it is.

The only time to consider bleeding a "true" period is if it was preceded by ovulation. Many PP women get some withdrawal or breakthrough bleed before their first ovulation and first real period.
September 22nd, 2009, 08:30 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
Oh ok. Maybe I did get that from the Ovusoft board.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search