I wasn't gunna do it, but here I go

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2009, 12:34 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
So the reason I asked about the private subforum is cuz I was gunna wait to out myself as a no longer charting member of our board to the general public...but it isn't JM I'm trying to hide it from...it is my family and friends. (who are negative people...*sigh*)

I'm pregnant!

OK, so anyway on the 27th of Sept I was having a lot of my personal prego symptoms (I was missing only one of all my first trimester symptoms, and that was I wasn't like drooling on myself.) So I took a test, when it came up negative I was sad, so I said to myself I think we will start actively trying next month. I tested again on the 29th, still so I said, OK, stop thinking about it Christen, it is probably because you STARTED thinking about it that you are having symptoms.

Well, anyway, when I still hadn't started my period on Saturday the 3rd I said, I'll test again cuz I was unpacking my bathroom and I found a pregnancy test box, I didn't even know I had any, I had gone out and bought them on the 27th. So it was very light but clearly positive, so I waited a few hours and like any other insane pregnant woman took another test...it was really light, so I said, that's it, I'm going out and buying a test I actually like, so I did and this one was obviously positive, so I said OK I can stop the insanity now.

Anyway, the reason I decided to out myself is I really want to get an estimate of when I'm due, and from looking at my chart (which is without temps for 90% of the month because of this move) I can't tell when I think I got pregnant. I mean there seems to be only one option, but it doesn't seem to be a good one. So I want you all to look at it and tell me if you think I just forgot to mark bd'ing once or if I really got pregnant when I did mark.

1e0239 Ovulation Charts

You'll see we didn't DTD that much because well we were off and on about if we were TTA or NT/NP, at the beginning of the month we were TTA, and by the end we were talking about TTC...so it was really a month of indecisiveness.

So all my rambaling just equals, when would you guess I'm due?

October 6th, 2009, 06:48 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
First off, Christen....CONGRATS!! I'm so happy for you!!

As for your chart, I'm thinking you did some BDing days 11-18. Based on your CM, it's unlikely that you conceived when you charted your BDing.

Is this a complete surprise? Were you guys planning another?
October 6th, 2009, 07:23 AM
benandali's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
CONGRATS!!! I'm sad we can't have another for awhile..it's just so awesome!!
October 6th, 2009, 07:24 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I am so happy for you . I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months. Oh and I know nothing about charting sorry .

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 6th, 2009, 07:28 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Well it's hard to say with the FF chart if your Peak was CD18 or 21. (FF doesn't get descriptive enough with the CM for that). So as long as you BD'd or had contact from CD14-24, that's one possibility.

But there is missing CM data on days 27-30. Can you recall if you had another build up of CM at that point? Perhaps you didn't reach Peak the first time, and the BDing on CD26 or CD31 is what resulted in conception. If there was no Peak the first time, then BDing during AMs on both CD26 and 31 would have been perfect for TTC! That might also explain why your BFP is still light.

You mentioned awhile back having an off-computer chart. What kind is it? Maybe there's some extra information on there that will shed some light on when Peak occurred?

Last edited by ShawnaCAN; October 6th, 2009 at 07:49 AM.
October 6th, 2009, 02:06 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Congrats - I am no help on the due date though.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

October 6th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Veteran
I'm not great at reading charts yet, just wanted to tell you congrats!
October 6th, 2009, 08:08 PM
jwalk's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jwalk
Yay! Congrats!!!
October 8th, 2009, 03:42 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Congrats!

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

October 9th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superducky View Post
First off, Christen....CONGRATS!! I'm so happy for you!!

As for your chart, I'm thinking you did some BDing days 11-18. Based on your CM, it's unlikely that you conceived when you charted your BDing.

Is this a complete surprise? Were you guys planning another?
See that's what I thought too, but I keep going back over it and I just can't come up with another time I could have bd'd...and I also got a bfn as late as the 29th, so I wasn't far enough along to register at that time.

And no it wasn't a surprise, it was a should we or shouldn't we, we talked about TTC, and I had a post elsewhere that I was going to NT/NP (starting somewhere in September) but that I was still a little back and forth on it, and I told my best friend that meant we'd be pregnant in September because that's just how it works for me! (I'm very fortunante)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benandali View Post
CONGRATS!!! I'm sad we can't have another for awhile..it's just so awesome!!
Thanks, when do you want to have another?

October 9th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Well it's hard to say with the FF chart if your Peak was CD18 or 21. (FF doesn't get descriptive enough with the CM for that). So as long as you BD'd or had contact from CD14-24, that's one possibility.

But there is missing CM data on days 27-30. Can you recall if you had another build up of CM at that point? Perhaps you didn't reach Peak the first time, and the BDing on CD26 or CD31 is what resulted in conception. If there was no Peak the first time, then BDing during AMs on both CD26 and 31 would have been perfect for TTC! That might also explain why your BFP is still light.

You mentioned awhile back having an off-computer chart. What kind is it? Maybe there's some extra information on there that will shed some light on when Peak occurred?
I just keep more detailed information in my phone on each day, like wet, slippery, etc. It is just on my phones calender, I can't like upload it cuz of that, you can't see it. But I do know that my cm has like never been like it was this cycle. It was wet and slippery for something like the first 60% of the cycle, and then it got stickier, but it was still fairly wet, and still is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavaAngel View Post
Congrats - I am no help on the due date though.
thanks, I'm temproraily going with June 15th since it is just in the middle of June, lol. I hope that once I get a doctor down here he/she will do an ultrasound and help me get an exact date.

Thanks to the rest of you ladies as well

October 9th, 2009, 04:19 PM
June is a GREAT time to have a baby I loved not being preggo through the hot months, plus I had the entire summer off of work. But I guess being a teacher you would anway huh?!
We have to wait until hubby is at least a few years through his PHD program to have another. Right now he hasn't even gotten in but either way with his back up plan or if he gets into the program this fall it will be 3 years before he starts making any $$.
October 9th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Yeah I thought having Rock in June was good It interesting to be in the June DDC and a June PR, lol.

October 10th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post
It was wet and slippery for something like the first 60% of the cycle, and then it got stickier, but it was still fairly wet, and still is.
When did it change from slippery to sticky?
October 10th, 2009, 06:36 PM
CD 18...so the day after I last had a green block on my FF chart.

October 12th, 2009, 10:25 AM
So how high are the chances that there was contact around that time that didn't get charted somehow?
October 14th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I really don't think it happened, I remember the first night that is charted and it largely happened when dh complained that how long could I expect a guy to wait and I said we had to make a decision on if we were NT/NP because everything about this cycle was weird so if we had sex we couldn't say we were TTA, and then he got all mad and stomped off and then later we talked again and it happened.

October 14th, 2009, 05:08 PM
LOL so stuff like that doesn't only happen in my house w/ my hubby huh?!
October 14th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post
I really don't think it happened, I remember the first night that is charted and it largely happened when dh complained that how long could I expect a guy to wait and I said we had to make a decision on if we were NT/NP because everything about this cycle was weird so if we had sex we couldn't say we were TTA, and then he got all mad and stomped off and then later we talked again and it happened.

Well...can't say it doesn't foster communication! LOL CD18 isn't overly convincing anyway because of the wet mucus on CD21. Must have been related to CD26 where the CM days aren't marked or something.
October 14th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benandali View Post
LOL so stuff like that doesn't only happen in my house w/ my hubby huh?!
haha nope!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search