joining - introduction

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2009, 12:16 PM
mommy jenn's Avatar Mega Super Mom2Morgan
hi

my name is Jennifer 23
DH is Brett 24 in november
we have a 4 month old daughter, morgan who was conceived with clomid.

i have suspected PCOS, my doctor calls it "cystic ovaries" - he explained it that my body tries to ovulate several times in a month causing small fluid filled sacs on my ovaries. this is what causes my cycles to be so long and unpredictable.

i have regulated my cycles with bcp and recently (since the birth of morgan) have been unable to take BCP, it makes me sick, i get angry all the time and i am just so over putting hormones in my body.
i recently thought i would test out the patch (which i am on now) and DH and i have decided that we want to rathe do nfp. no more fake hormones.

the only problem is my irregular cycles.
i will be trying vitex to see if it regulates and i will be charting and temping. I hope that we dont make a mistake but we would not have a problem if we did.

if you have any advice for me that would be great!

October 20th, 2009, 12:23 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I have PCOS too, I totally understand the frustration of irregular cycles. But fortunately, modern NFP doesn't require regular cycles at all. With the old Rhythm/Calender methods it was necessary to have regular cycles. With proper training, you can apply modern NFP no matter what your cycles are like. Take a moment to read through the FAQ and Resource stickies. The easiest way to learn when you have complicated cycles is to take a class together.
October 20th, 2009, 12:38 PM
mommy jenn's Avatar Mega Super Mom2Morgan
thanx so much im going right there now!

October 20th, 2009, 01:01 PM
benandali's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I use the Billings Method and I also have a 4 1/2 month old daughter and I am breastfeeding and pumping. I haven't even had a period yet and who knows when the heck I will?! Lol.
October 21st, 2009, 08:54 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I haven't had regular cycles in quite a while, but I've had pretty good luck with determining when I ovulate, I think you'll be able to see a pattern.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search