My OB-GYN said...

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2009, 12:46 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That cervical position wasnt an accurate way of telling when you are fertile.

for ME in MY experience it seems to be the BEST way to tell when i am fertile.. (my CM is always screwy it seems)

i was just wondering what you girls thought about this statement..

CP no good? good? only good if used with other symptoms??

~Em

October 23rd, 2009, 01:53 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OK in conjuction with the other signs. CP can fluctuate a lot due to level of physical activity, BDing, etc - so it can be a bit more variable than the other signs. It also may not feel too different at the very beginning of the fertile phase, when the first CM change is noticed. At the beginning of the fertile phase when the CM plug liquefies and comes out, the cervix is no longer blocked and sperm can get through. But it may not *feel* open to the touch until a few days later.
October 23rd, 2009, 03:48 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I have never checked CP. Only CM observation.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

October 23rd, 2009, 08:29 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I honestly am not sure. But I know my doctor told me that charting and temping isn't very accurate either. To many variables. I wonder if they have to say that sometimes to cover themselves.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

October 24th, 2009, 12:15 AM
It's actually not even covered much in medical school, so they may say that because they don't actually know much about how it works or they don't understand how it's different from Calender/Rhythm.
October 24th, 2009, 11:04 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I have once or twice tried to check CP with no luck, so for me it doesn't work at all cuz I can't even check it.

October 24th, 2009, 11:16 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
I personally think it's ok ONLY if you use it in conjunction with other stuff (temp, cm and vs). Otherwise, checking it ONLY, is not that clear of an indication.
October 25th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
OK in conjuction with the other signs. CP can fluctuate a lot due to level of physical activity, BDing, etc - so it can be a bit more variable than the other signs. It also may not feel too different at the very beginning of the fertile phase, when the first CM change is noticed. At the beginning of the fertile phase when the CM plug liquefies and comes out, the cervix is no longer blocked and sperm can get through. But it may not *feel* open to the touch until a few days later.
this makes sense to me.. becuz i have noticed that my CP doesnt change much until right before i O and i know that im fertile before that time...

I use CP as well as temping and observing CM.. But my temps are crazy becuz of breastfeeding still.. and my CM just never seems right.. it seems like its pretty much always exactly the same..

~Em

October 25th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keekopeeko View Post
and my CM just never seems right.. it seems like its pretty much always exactly the same..
How are you checking it?
October 25th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Quote:
How are you checking it?
finger swipe..hehe which sounds funny...

~Em

October 25th, 2009, 08:06 PM
You might have more luck observing sensation, rather than using your fingers. Just pay attention to how you feel during the day as you walk around - describe how you feel in your own words (some examples might include dry, moist, wet, slippery). When you notice a change in the way you feel from day to day, that's a pattern of fertility. When you notice that how you feel doesn't change from day to day, that's a pattern of infertility.
October 26th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Quote:
You might have more luck observing sensation, rather than using your fingers. Just pay attention to how you feel during the day as you walk around - describe how you feel in your own words (some examples might include dry, moist, wet, slippery). When you notice a change in the way you feel from day to day, that's a pattern of fertility. When you notice that how you feel doesn't change from day to day, that's a pattern of infertility.
yeh.. i do that.. i feel like its always "watery" I wear a panti-liner just about all the time becuz of that.. i think sometime during the month it gets more "sticky" than "watery" but its never ever dry.. and i never ever have actually had what i would call "egg white" CM... I have been pregnant three times though.. so apparently it changes enough..

But im sure i just dont pay close enough attention to it to REALLY know..

~Em

October 26th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keekopeeko View Post
yeh.. i do that.. i feel like its always "watery" I wear a panti-liner just about all the time becuz of that.. i think sometime during the month it gets more "sticky" than "watery" but its never ever dry.. and i never ever have actually had what i would call "egg white" CM... I have been pregnant three times though.. so apparently it changes enough..
Oh that's ok, it doesn't have to follow any set pattern and you don't have to have dry days. Many women don't. Your own pattern is unique to you! If you're always watery, it's possible that's your infertile discharge. It takes 3 cycles of charting to be sure. Are you guys TTA or more like NT/NP?
October 26th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Oh that's ok, it doesn't have to follow any set pattern and you don't have to have dry days. Many women don't. Your own pattern is unique to you! If you're always watery, it's possible that's your infertile discharge. It takes 3 cycles of charting to be sure. Are you guys TTA or more like NT/NP?

We are TTA... I charted before when we were TTC (two out of the three times we've tried) i usually have pretty regular cycles ... but im a bit nervous becuz i am still BFing.. So far ive had two post partum periods (ending second one now) And it was only a 25 day cycle.. im kinda hoping thats not my new normal..

~Em

October 26th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Do you think getting some personalized support from an instructor would help ease your nervousness?
October 28th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Do you think getting some personalized support from an instructor would help ease your nervousness?

maybe .. but i wont.. im not really sure what all goes into it of course.. But i think im doing ok on my own.. Im not a super fertile person anyways.. Its always taken us a few months of really trying to get pregnant..

~Em

October 28th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Sounds good! We're always here to answer any questions you may have as well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search