Any Educated Guesses?

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Lolly13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Ladies,

I am in my second cycle postpartum. My first PP AF was at 60 days PP. My usual cycle is 29 to 31 days with ovulation day 16 to day 18. (I have a short 10-12 day LP). I started having creamy cm on day 15 that continued to day 20. Negative OPK's cds 15 thru 22. (No test line AT ALL on opks) Then I had EWCM days 21 and 22. On cd 23 I FINALLY got a test line on my opk but it was still negative (not even close to positive) CD 23 cm was semen obscured. Today is cd 24 and cm is creamy and opk test line is lighter than yesterday. My temps have been consistant at 97.3 or 97.4 and my coverline is 97.4. However, I am not confident in my temps due to frequent rising with my little one from the hours of 1:00 am to 6:00 am.

This is my first time charting postpartum although I charted for a couple of years before this last pregnancy. I am aware that it can take several cycles for my hormones to get back to normal after giving birth. I am not breastfeeding. Soooooooo, do you think I o'd or that my body is just practicing? Obviously, if I get a significant temp rise tomorrow then I will assume ovulation. Otherwise I am LOST... Any opinions?

cd 15 temp 97.4 cm - creamy - opk cervical position midway, medium and partly open
cd 16 temp 97.4 cm - creamy - opk cervical position low, firm and closed
cd 17 temp 97.2 cm - creamy cervical position high, medium and partly open
cd 18 temp 97.1 cm - creamy cervical position high, medium and partly open
cd 19 temp 97.2 cm - creamy - opk cervical position high, medium and partly open
cd 20 temp 97.2 cm - creamy - opk cervical position high, soft and partly open
cd 21 temp 97.3 cm - EWCM - opk cervical position high, medium and partly open
cd 22 temp 97.3 cm - EWCM - opk cervical position high, soft and open
cd 23 temp 97.3 cm - semen obscured - opk cervical position ????
cd 24 temp 97.4 cm - creamy - opk cervical position, high, medium and partly open

Thanks for taking time to look! I lurk here regularly and you ladies are great!
-Larie
October 26th, 2009, 10:26 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The cervical mucus pattern doesn't look like ovulation to me - there's no Peak. The temps seem to confirm that (not a temp teacher though). Looks like your body tried, but just didn't go through with it. That's very typical post partum! Keep tracking, your body might try again sooner or later.
October 27th, 2009, 06:51 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
I'm going to say, that no, you didn't ovulate. I'm going through the same thing right now. Check out my chart link in my siggy. Looks like I actually may have ovulated this attempt as I've had two nice temps above my CL.
October 27th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Lolly13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for your opinions, ladies...

This morning my temp went to 97.5 and TCOYF's software thinks I am in the post o infertility phase. But that is merely based on my history. Today's cm is scant and slightly creamy. I am thinking that I did not O. I will just keep watching! AF is due to arrive on Saturday, but I don't expect to see her. I have never had an annovulatory cycle, (at least since charting) so I don't know how long that will delay AF.

Superducky, I don't see your siggie... Perhaps it is because I don't have enough posts yet?

Have a blessed day!
-L
October 27th, 2009, 10:09 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely don't put too much stock in Ovusoft interpretation if it's using your past cycles to determine that you're infertile now. Past cycles don't determine the present cycle.

The cycle won't be considered annovulatory until it's over. It's still possible that your body might give ovulation another try, so keep tracking!
October 29th, 2009, 05:46 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I think these ladies have answered your questions, and yes you do need a certain number of posts for siggies now. You'll be there soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search