Planning Your Family

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2009, 05:27 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
So it is called "natural Family Planning" my method of choice...so it is about planning my family. So how come everyone else thinks it is about me planning my family the way they think I should?

*just a short vent

October 29th, 2009, 05:35 PM
benandali's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry....so I'm guessing the family isn't too happy with your #4?? Don't you hate when people say stuff like that? When I got pregnant w/ Allie a co worker joked "um, don't you know how babies are made?" I was like SERIOUSLY?!! It's only my SECOND kid! Wow.
Hope things get better for you!!
October 30th, 2009, 08:36 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry Christen. Negative reactions from people regarding some of our pregnancies was always hard for me too. With the last few, we just refrained from telling people until I couldn't hide it anymore because we wanted to just enjoy our excitement for awhile having to deal with people's stupid comments. With #4 and #5, we just didn't tell people...we let them figure it out or hear it through the grapevine. That actually worked really well because I find when you tell people, it opens the door for a stupid comment. I don't know why people feel it's their business to comment at all. I memorized a bunch of smart ***** comebacks to use in such situations and I have to say, that part was really fun!
October 30th, 2009, 09:40 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
I'm sorry Christen. I hope if we do try for a #3, we'll have a better reaction for us too. Everyone but my mom was very standoffish about it.
October 30th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benandali View Post
I'm sorry....so I'm guessing the family isn't too happy with your #4?? Don't you hate when people say stuff like that? When I got pregnant w/ Allie a co worker joked "um, don't you know how babies are made?" I was like SERIOUSLY?!! It's only my SECOND kid! Wow.
Hope things get better for you!!
Yeah I always get the "You know how this happens, right?" I had a friend (she's 1 of 6) tell me her mom just started saying "Yes, and we are very good at it now." So I've decided that's my answer, if I can keep from staring a hole into their forhead. But it isn't just my family, it is everyone...though this time I haven't personally recieved much of the negative. My aunt said the comment I already mentioned, but luckily she said it to my mom and not me! And then my SIL said something that ticked me off, dh thinks it was just a joke, but I found it a rude joke.
I had a facebook status about how I had become used to having popsicles for breakfast and always having a cracker, but I wasn't looking forward to the next stage (the throwing up stage). And my friend commented "Have you ever tried those pressure point bands?" To which my SIL replied "Have you ever tried not being pregnant?...Congrats." To which I replied "Thanks for the congrats, but I find your comment really rude. Children are wonderful, and the only way to get them is to be pregnant."

October 30th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
I'm sorry Christen. Negative reactions from people regarding some of our pregnancies was always hard for me too. With the last few, we just refrained from telling people until I couldn't hide it anymore because we wanted to just enjoy our excitement for awhile having to deal with people's stupid comments. With #4 and #5, we just didn't tell people...we let them figure it out or hear it through the grapevine. That actually worked really well because I find when you tell people, it opens the door for a stupid comment. I don't know why people feel it's their business to comment at all. I memorized a bunch of smart ***** comebacks to use in such situations and I have to say, that part was really fun!
Yeah I wasn't going to tell people, except like my boss who I thought had to know (I finally told him yesterday, cuz the puking has begun so I thought he had to know). But there were two problems with that, #1 I suck at it, and #2 people started saying things that I was having a hard time responding to unless I wanted to lie...and being that is one of the commandments I try not to just do that...

October 30th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superducky View Post
I'm sorry Christen. I hope if we do try for a #3, we'll have a better reaction for us too. Everyone but my mom was very standoffish about it.
Isn't that strange? When did having kids become such a drama for people? Why is it bad to have children?

October 30th, 2009, 10:08 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
Yeah I know. It's like they thought Caleb was going to be the only child we were going to have. My mom was ecstatic about having a second grandchild from us and what's funny, she was the person who i was the most afraid of telling.

My ILs were the ones who I thought would be overjoyed, but they pretty much just stayed quiet like they weren't happy. No jubiliation, nothing.

So, I totally get what you're going through. It sucks and I don't understand why people act the way they do. It's your body, it's your family. You have the right to expand if you choose too.

Just know that everyone here is VERY happy for you and in the end, don't worry about what other people think. You're baking a miracle in your tummy right now and that is something to rejoice about.
October 30th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks, that's how I feel about it. My mom claims that is how she feels, but I never get that vibe from her...

October 30th, 2009, 10:41 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we get that reaction now when we talk about #2. People are like "You just had a baby, why aren't you just on BC so it's not a problem and you can DTD without worrying"........its so annoying

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
October 30th, 2009, 11:26 AM
It truly is, and nobody's buisness.

October 30th, 2009, 05:25 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
When we got pregnant with AJ I felt a lot of negative reaction. I think at first my IL's thought we were joking. I had just found out and it was Thanksgiving. Instead of the comments I would get when I turned down the wine in front of the whole family we chose to tell them separately and tell the rest of the family later. That didn't happen. Everyone at Thanksgiving knew before the end of the weekend. We held off tellign anyone else till Christmas (somewhere around 8 weeks I guess).

My mother was asking when we were going to have another one before AJ was a year. That was a shock for me because she would question my sisters having more kids (they all have 4 and are all done). But I did everything the right way (school, marriage, kids) and they did kids before the rest.

We didn't tell my IL's we were even trying until I couldn't avoid it any longer. That was almost a year ago. At first they said some comments that really bugged me. Some passing comments about me not wanting kids with AJ so young. Some of those came before we even told them we were trying. We told them we were leaving it up to God at the time, but we were really trying.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

October 30th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I would say watch it on the "right way" comments, cuz I once said I got a lot of flack about having kids and I had done it the "right way" and I just meant I got married first and I got super jumped on...and reading your comment made me frown a bit too, cuz I did marriage, school/kids, I did school and kids at the same time, and I totally believe that was the right way for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search