Anyone Read?

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Lolly13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you read Christopher West's book "The good News about Sex and Marriage"?

I LOVE it and highly recommend it to all the couples I teach. Especially those who are Catholic.
November 4th, 2009, 08:19 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love it too. I had the privilege of seeing Christopher West in June at a Theology of the Body Conference. Hearing him in person was AMAZING!!!! Here we are (I'm the one with longer hair):

November 5th, 2009, 06:57 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
Never heard of the book. Might have to check that one out. Thanks!
November 7th, 2009, 04:54 PM
feministwriter
I haven't heard of that book. Can anyone tell me more about it?
November 7th, 2009, 05:53 PM
It's a Q&A summary of John Paul II's Theology of the Body. Are you familiar with the Theology of the Body at all?
November 7th, 2009, 08:05 PM
jwalk's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jwalk
I love Chris West! I was able to get him to speak at my university when I was in college.

EVERYONE should check out his "Naked without Shame" CD series.

- The Gift Foundation - Products : Naked Without Shame

Shawna- I took an independent study on JPII's Theology of the Body when I was in college! Talk about intense....
November 8th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalk View Post
Shawna- I took an independent study on JPII's Theology of the Body when I was in college! Talk about intense....
No kidding. It's very powerful. At the conference in June I told CW, "This is stuff I already know and have already embraced in my life, but I am just blown away at how much deeper it goes." He says, "And this isn't even scratching the surface. There's more!"
November 8th, 2009, 09:01 AM
jwalk's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jwalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
No kidding. It's very powerful. At the conference in June I told CW, "This is stuff I already know and have already embraced in my life, but I am just blown away at how much deeper it goes." He says, "And this isn't even scratching the surface. There's more!"
As I was reading through TOB, all I could do was imagine a little old italian nun sitting in on JPII's Wed. audience wondering what in the world he was talking about! It was soooo beyond what had been ventured into before in audiences from previous popes.

My friend, Brian Butler, along with Jason Evert and his wife wrote a teen version that's really good...
Theology Of The Body For Teens - Leader's Guide at Aquinas and More Catholic Gifts
November 8th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Yeah, reading JPII is definitely heavy heavy stuff. I started Love and Responsibility when I was post partum after #1. My fatigued brain just couldn't process it, but I CW has such a gift for translating the heavy stuff into palatable bites that we can all digest!

Josh bought Jason Evert's teen version and we reviewed it before he actually used it in the classroom. I was very impressed, it's very well done. Josh teaches Religion and Health at a Catholic school at the junior high level.
November 10th, 2009, 05:40 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
The title of the thread is the problem for me, I just don't read much, so I haven't read it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search