PCOS and Long LP

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2009, 08:07 AM
jwalk's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to jwalk
Anyone know anything about pcos and long LP? This month, I O'ed on CD 17 (DEF. EWCM that disappeared the next day and never returned). I'm on CD 38, and no AF yet. I've taken a FRER test (a few to be exact) and all BFN. When I got pregnant with Gianna, I knew right away, and had dizziness in the mornings way before AF was due. (I was on Metformin when I got pregnant with her).

I checked out my charts before going on Metformin, and had long cycles then as well (with long LPs)....

So I'm thinking maybe my PCOS is causing my long LPs.... what do you think???

OH and sorry about being MIA... my computer is fried, and I have to use DH's once he comes home from work. Hope everyone is well!
November 7th, 2009, 08:56 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If there was any BDing during the 5 mucus days before Peak or the 3 days after Peak, then pregnancy would be my first suspicion. If you go past 21 days, test again or request a blood test.

If that's not likely, there are two other possibilities. Either ovulation was incorrectly identified or it could be a LUF - Lutenized Unruptured Follicle. With PCOS, these can happen from time to time. It an egg that didn't pop all the way through the ovary so it turns into a cyst. CM-wise, the Peak will usually look pretty normal - sometimes the dry up is not as drastic, but that's about it. The cyst produces just enough progesterone to keep AF and a long LP is typical with these, but no longer than 21 days.

Are you working with a teacher? It might good to go over the actual chart with someone to see what's going on.
November 7th, 2009, 09:01 AM
We didnt BD from CD 6- CD 23, so I dont think i'm pregnant... I think its just PCOS rearing its ugly head again lol. I'm thinking about getting back on Metformin when I see my doctor next month.

Thanks for the reply Shawna! I'll keep you guys posted!
November 7th, 2009, 09:12 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do keep us posted!
November 10th, 2009, 05:17 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Idk much about PCOS other than what I've learned from JM, but I do know, and I kid you not, I once had a 28 day leutal phase!!! Followed by every luetal phase I've had since then being 12 days exactly...

November 10th, 2009, 07:11 PM
So, AF showed up tonight (THANK GOD!) We do want more kids, but not quite just yet... not to mention, I just had a MMR about a month ago and was so scared that I was pregnant and had hurt the baby because of it...

I think I'm going to start taking my BBT again... because of my PCOS, I think the double checking with CM and BBT will help.
November 10th, 2009, 08:16 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Glad you have a final answer. I have PCOS but fairly regular cycles.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search