Ugh. My body is so weird :( (x-posted)

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2009, 05:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
2a76d7 Ovulation Charts

Look at my chart. I'm pretty sure I ovulated. Like 4 DAYS after I had EWCM. I realize this may be an odd set of circumstances b/c I just weaned my son, etc., but honestly I don't think I can count on my CM as a fertility sign. Oh, well, at least after AF shows in a couple of weeks we can start TTC.

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by wishfulgal; November 14th, 2009 at 07:25 AM.
November 13th, 2009, 07:24 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Actually, it's pretty normal for temps not to line up with CM exactly. They can take a few extra days to rise in response to the fact that ovulation has occurred.

Secondly, how are you observing CM? Do you pay attention to how it makes your external genetalia feel as you walk around during the day? Even after the maximum amount of visible CM has disappeared, a wet or slippery feeling can linger for a few days. The CM does not reach Peak until the slippery feeling stops, even if there's little or no CM to see anymore. FF doesn't really have adequate categories for classifying CM, which is probably contributing to the confusion with it.

Peak day is the last day you feel slippery, and it's the day closest to ovulation. Ovulation usually occurs on Peak day, the first day after Peak, or the second day after Peak. Then temps won't start to rise until after that.

So if CD6 was your Peak, your chart looks just right.
November 13th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
Actually, it's pretty normal for temps not to line up with CM exactly. They can take a few extra days to rise in response to the fact that ovulation has occurred.

Secondly, how are you observing CM? Do you pay attention to how it makes your external genetalia feel as you walk around during the day? Even after the maximum amount of visible CM has disappeared, a wet or slippery feeling can linger for a few days. The CM does not reach Peak until the slippery feeling stops, even if there's little or no CM to see anymore. FF doesn't really have adequate categories for classifying CM, which is probably contributing to the confusion with it.

Peak day is the last day you feel slippery, and it's the day closest to ovulation. Ovulation usually occurs on Peak day, the first day after Peak, or the second day after Peak. Then temps won't start to rise until after that.

So if CD6 was your Peak, your chart looks just right.

I check my CM internally at the tip of the cervix (except with the EWCM, there was so much of it I didn't have to). I try to pay attention to the "feeling" but have a hard time distinguishing it. I would say CD 6 was my peak day, it was semen masked though so I'm not positive. Was definitely not wet on CD 7.

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by wishfulgal; November 14th, 2009 at 07:25 AM.
November 13th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Internal exams might be making the CM part confusing you too. During the infertile parts of your cycle, water is extracted from the mucus as it passes over glands in the vagina called the Pockets of Shaw. That's why it stops creating that "wet" feeling after ovulation. With internal checks, that process is disrupted and it can seem like you have more fertile CM days than you actually do.
November 13th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep. I am confused.
Do you have any guess when I ovulated?
Also, from a TTC standpoint, which days are best to BD? The days you have EWCM? Even if they are several days before you ovulate? And it's really hard to tell when you are BDing, b/c semen masks everything.
November 13th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Are you at all interested in letting a charting instructor coach you through it all?

As for your questions...keep in mind that charting does not tell us the exact day of ovulation. For the sake of a tidy chart, we usually assign a day that we call "ovulation" day - but it can be off by up to 2 days. Charting gives us a narrow little window of a few days during which ovulation was likely.

On your chart, I'd say that window is from CD6-8.

The best time to BD is when you have slippery CM. This is when you are the most fertile. CM keeps the sperm alive in your body for up to 5 days waiting for ovulation to occur.

To tell seminal fluid (SF) from CM, you can check the toilet paper. CM will sit on top, it has more "body" to it. Seminal fluid will soak in within a matter of seconds. Seminal fluid will also give you that wet feeling, but it doesn't produce a slippery sensation (except immediately after BDing). So if you feel slippery, you can be pretty confident that it's CM and not SF.

Here is some information on tracking your CM. If you have time, I encourage you to read through it. It also explains the TTC rules for timing BDing to maximize your chances of conception. This kind of charting will look quite different than FF, but that's ok. It might help you understand the CM better, even if you don't chart this way.
http://www.woomb.org/learningBOM/B20...nstruction.pdf
November 14th, 2009, 08:49 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I don't know that I can add anything to what Shawna has said, but I would say I agree you have ovulated and I also agree for me that would be hard to decide when I ovulated.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search