What would you have done...

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2009, 08:53 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
What would you have done in your SO hadn't agreed with you doing NFP?

November 14th, 2009, 09:23 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, we probably would have been facing a bigger problem then. I was very sure that I wanted to marry someone who shared my faith. You can agree to disagree with friends about faith, but in a marriage I think it's really important to be on the same page about that. My parents are not and it's always been a very painful issue in their marriage.

I mean, my faith is the most intimate part of who I am. If I couldn't share that with my husband I think I would feel very disconnected from him. So....if my DH didn't want to do NFP it would likely mean he didn't share our faith's beautiful teachings on the sacredness of sexuality (what it means, it's purpose, etc). If we weren't on the same page about what marriage means....honestly, I don't know if I would have married him. I seriously dated another guy before DH and that's the reason we broke it off. He was great, we got along well, but we weren't on the same page regarding some really important things in life, NFP included. This is one of those things I consider very important.

But for the sake of discussion, let's say he completely bailed on his beliefs and suddenly wanted to contracept or get sterilized. I would make sure he knew I was going to continue to chart and abstain on fertile days until menopause. So there really wouldn't any benefit for him to do it, because we'd be having the same amount of sex with or without his choice to contracept. LOL
November 14th, 2009, 10:46 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
My mother converted after she married my father, I understand that was very hard on them (they were the same faith before she converted). Nick claims to be Catholic, but when you talk to him, he isn't really It hurts me, but he agrees with enough of the faith, most of the time that we make due and I pray for him. So I know what you mean on it being important.

Nick however respects my decision to do NFP, he doesn't think of it the same as I do, but he's fine with it.

If he hadn't been I'd have a problem because I'm not willing to do anything else. He sometimes talks like he wants a vasectomy, and if that day comes I'll be really disappointed in his decision. I really don't know what I would have done, I would have just kept explainning I wasn't willing to do anything else I suppose.

November 14th, 2009, 11:06 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I would have done it anyways. Not that DH was all that happy with the decision but he was a little afraid of an oopsie cause we couldn't afford another baby at the time and refused hormonal BC.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

November 14th, 2009, 11:07 AM
benandali's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kinda what Shawna said. My faith and beliefs were the #1 thing I looked for in a husband. I dated one guy before DH and he and I had were so opposite in our beliefs that it didn't get very far. DH and I are one and the same mind when it comes to all that.
November 14th, 2009, 01:05 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Would of done it anyways. He can't make me stop checking my discharge or temping. I can't take BC and he doesn't like condoms, so um yeah, not many options.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search