Ok...out with the BCP and in with the Charts, teach me how?

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2009, 07:27 AM
rubyredslipperz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I was on here before, looking into NFP but my DH wasn't comfortable with it. I didn't want to disrespect his feelings so we compromised on BCP to replace our 'withdraw' method. However a month into BCP he was still WDing. So I asked him why and he said he just didn't trust BC so he would just keep WD for his own peace of mind. And I said well why the heck am I taking the pill then! So we had a discussion about it and I'm not going to be taking them, didn't really want to in the first place. So he's going to keep WDing until we're ready to TTC and I'd like to start charting to get in tune with how my body works and when the time comes to TTC I'll maybe be a 'pro' at it? Anyways what resources do I need to get started? I know it's going to take a bit until my body gets back on track after the BCP even though I only took them for a month. So where do I go, what do I need to do? I'm totally lost here. Thanks for any help!

November 19th, 2009, 07:36 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome back!

You've got lots of options! You can read a book, take a live class, take an online course or home study course. The easiest way to learn it thoroughly is to go with one of the options where you'll have a teacher for personalized support with your chart. You can let me know which learning option appeals to you the most and we can help from there.

Also, have you read through the Online Resource sticky about the different kinds of charting? Lots of information in there!
November 19th, 2009, 07:41 AM
I have not read the resources but I definitely will! The best option for me I think would be a book, I live remotely and would like to keep the cost minimal so I think a book would turn out the best for me.. any recommendations? I'll go check out the resources! Thanks Shawna

November 19th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Yup!

The Billings Ovulation Method by Drs. Lyn Billings and Ann Westmore
Amazon.com: The Billings Method: Using the Body's Natural Signal of Fertility to Achieve or Avoid Pregnancy (9781876026363): Evelyn Billings, Ann Westmore: Books

Taking Charge of Your Fertility
by Toni Weschler
Amazon.com: Taking Charge of Your Fertility, 10th Anniversary Edition: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health (9780060881900): Toni Weschler: Books
November 19th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I've heard a lot of good things about the Billings Method. I'll have to pick up that book definitely, maybe both

November 19th, 2009, 08:34 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Thanks for the book links Shawna. I knew about TCOYF, but didn't know the Billings Method had a book.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
November 19th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Just be sure to get the most recent edition, the one with the lady's bare back on it.

There are lots of older editions that are outdated (one has a red striped cover, one is orange/brown and it's by Dr. John Billings - not his wife Lyn.)
November 19th, 2009, 01:59 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
Just be sure to get the most recent edition, the one with the lady's bare back on it.

There are lots of older editions that are outdated (one has a red striped cover, one is orange/brown and it's by Dr. John Billings - not his wife Lyn.)
I noticed that when I was looking. I ordered both books today. I have mostly read on charting for fertility and not so much on charting to avoid.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
November 20th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Just bought Dr. Billing's book Can't wait til it gets here! Thanks again for all the info.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search