Agh, help am I in trouble?

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2009, 08:22 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Okay, checked cp today and I am medium to high and definitely way open and soft.

I meant to ask this yesterday, but just decided not to worry about it. Yesterday I was having frequent urination and for me I usually notice an increase in urination a couple days before getting a positive OPK. I for the most part think the increase in urination is due to my body trying to get rid of the extra water weight from me being pregnant, but I know that my charts show it several days out before O. Last month I have it marked 5 days before O and the cycle before that 4 days before O. The cycle before that I have it marked the day of O.

I took an OPK yesterday and it was negative. I figure I have them I might as well use them. I didn't check my cp yesterday. I was only on cd6 and I was definitely way dry yesterday. So I told dh lets bd (not sure what abbreviations you use here for sex or if you just say sex since it's not really bding if you are avoiding, lol) today and I was cutting him off tomorrow, lol and that we'd be abstaining for a while so we might as well get it in while we had a chance. Anyhow, he's all fine with the abstaining thing, but of course we wanted to spend some time together since I knew with the increase in urination that it could be a sign that I might be Oing way earlier than normal.

Anyhow, wake up this morning and notice I am feeling wetter right off the bat. Now, this could be semen obscuring things, but I have gotten better about differentiating the two. I won't completely rule that out though. Anyhow, cp today is medium to high and I am definitely wetter. I checked cm and it is definitely tacky to stretchy. It looks more like thicker mucus that stretches some, but not a ton.

If you look at the pictures here I would say I am pretty close to the second picture. It stretches enough that I don't think it is semen, but I am not stretching a ton either.

Nfp Software - Cervical Mucus

Temps are still fine and I do not think I have O'd or anything yet. (Here's my FF chart. teresarunningmommy Ovulation Charts I am still using FF for now, but I just added in TCOYF as well. I have a Mac and they just added a web version so not as familiar with it.)

Anyhow, I know it is definitely time to abstain, but do you think I am safe from last night? Ah, this is really frustrating. I was really dry yesterday so I think I am okay, but now I am a little worried.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
November 19th, 2009, 08:53 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Stretchability is actually irrelevant. The bottom line is that if the mucus produces a sensation, it's potentially fertile no matter how much it stretches or doesn't stretch.

If you were dry yesterday, that's a good sign except that you need to be dry 3 days in a row to be confident of infertility. If you were wet the day before, then yesterday would have been considered potentially fertile even though you were dry because the 3 days weren't up yet. So it all depends on what your CM was on Sun, Mon, and Tues to determine if last night was infertile or not.

Just wait and see. If you ovulate in the next 5-6 days, there's a chance. If you ovulate later than that, you're out of the woods because sperm can't live in your body longer than 5 days, 6 at absolute max - but those cases are rare.
November 19th, 2009, 09:14 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
Stretchability is actually irrelevant. The bottom line is that if the mucus produces a sensation, it's potentially fertile no matter how much it stretches or doesn't stretch.

If you were dry yesterday, that's a good sign except that you need to be dry 3 days in a row to be confident of infertility. If you were wet the day before, then yesterday would have been considered potentially fertile even though you were dry because the 3 days weren't up yet. So it all depends on what your CM was on Sun, Mon, and Tues to determine if last night was infertile or not.

Just wait and see. If you ovulate in the next 5-6 days, there's a chance. If you ovulate later than that, you're out of the woods because sperm can't live in your body longer than 5 days, 6 at absolute max - but those cases are rare.
I was bleeding before that so that was why I don't know. Yesterday was my first non bleeding dry day. I don't normally ovulate this early so I am just going to wait and see. It's not the end of the world if I were to get pregnant, but I really am trying to avoid pregnancy right now.

November 19th, 2009, 12:11 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How long did you bleed after your m/c? I'd say the chances are pretty low, don't stress too much about it.
November 19th, 2009, 01:55 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I think I am fine as well, but I just think I am going to O early this cycle. I am just not sure how early. We'll see. I started bleeding on Friday so I bleed for 5 days. Other than the first 2 days which were very heavy it was like a normal period for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search