Getting very frustrated with TCOYF

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2009, 08:09 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
My laptop is a Mac and it is what I use most of the time now. I have a Windows desktop in my basement that my kids use, but it's not my primary computer and annoying for me to have to go down there to use it. I was so excited to see they had a web version now. (You can't install TCYOF software on a Mac.) Well, I am trying to use it and I set my default temp time to 5:00 am, but it keeps listing it as 7:00 when I go to chart it. I am getting so annoyed. Anyone used their web version? It's in beta testing so it's probably a glitch, but I am getting really aggravated! Is there any other good web software for charting to avoid. I am still using FF, but I wanted to have something that worked well for charting to avoid as well to cross reference with. I have the TCOYF and Billings Method books on their way, but I really do better with things put on my computer. I lose things that I put on paper.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
November 20th, 2009, 08:33 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, it depends which system you're going to use for avoiding. If you're going to use Bilings, you can chart with NFP Charting Online. If you're going to use TCOYF, then stick with Ovusoft if you can figure out a way to make it work on your computer. The two are completely different systems for avoiding, so use the chart that goes with the book you plan to refer from primarily. Mixing and matching concepts/techniques from separate methods can make things more confusing, rather than more clear.
November 20th, 2009, 10:49 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I just wanted to add I have used the NFP Charting Online and it is really easy to use.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

November 20th, 2009, 12:16 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I think I am going to read both books and see what I want to do and for now I will probably suck it up and use the TCOYF on my kids' computer.

November 20th, 2009, 02:27 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Will the kids wonder what it is? LOL
November 20th, 2009, 04:01 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
Will the kids wonder what it is? LOL

I have two accounts on there, one for the administrator and one for the kids. You kind of have to set it up that way to put parental controls on it so they would never see it with their login I don't think anyways. (I think I can set it not to show up on their login.)

November 21st, 2009, 06:37 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
Teresa,

I can get on the web version, nad it is a bit tricky. I'll be starting a new cycle in another week or so, and I plan to start using the new software along with what I have now.

I'll play around with it and let you know how to go through it.
November 21st, 2009, 02:10 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *1Boy1Girl* View Post
Teresa,

I can get on the web version, nad it is a bit tricky. I'll be starting a new cycle in another week or so, and I plan to start using the new software along with what I have now.

I'll play around with it and let you know how to go through it.
They have a bunch of things listed in the known problems so I think they are just things that need to be fixed. The stuff I am having problems with are listed in their known problems so I don't think you will be able to play around to fix it. It's still in beta testing so I think they just need to get it fixed. I just don't know when that will happen.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search