Chart help please!

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2009, 04:44 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! I'm in need of some help with my chart. I personally think I O'ed on CD21 but FF says I O'ed on CD26. My guess is because of the thermal shift. I was thinking my progesterone was low and that's maybe why it didn't rise? It was telling me I was 3DPO but I manually overrode ovulation back to day 21. Do you think I'm correct or do you think FF is? I've been told by most that I'm correct but I wanted to make sure. Thanks

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

November 23rd, 2009, 07:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmm.. I think you are probably right, you O'd on CD 21. My last chart was similar, you can take a peek if you want, the link is at the bottom of my siggy.

It was my first PP chart, I hadn't had AF but was just charting to see if I would start ovulating after weaning my son. I thought I O'd CD 6 or 7, FF says CD9 b/c that's when my temps rose. All of my CM and other signs suggest earlier though.

My Ovulation Chart
November 23rd, 2009, 08:05 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the disturbed temps up to CD21 are why. You need 3 high temps over 6 lows to confirm a thermal shift, but there are only 4 disturbed pre-ovulatory temps before CD21. That's probably why it's not giving you an O date until CD26, where there are 3 highs over 6 lows. Obviously this doesn't really line up with your CM. You can use CM alone to confirm ovulation for sure, but unfortunately FF doesn't tell me enough about it to make a good assessment. As long as CD21 was the last time you noticed any kind of slippery feeling or lubrication, that was probably it. If you've felt any wetness or lubrication since then, it wasn't CD21.
November 23rd, 2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks for all the info! I just decided to start taking temps again mid cycle. After the last EWCM day I noticed a real creamy type, where it was slick, white, and lotiony and I felt wet all day for about 3 days. The creamy CF I'm now noticing isn't as slick and it's cloudy. My temps post O are never usually more than a little over 98 degrees F but usually don't drop below 97.7 degrees F. My thyroid is a little slow so that's why I was also wondering if maybe it was just slow to rise. Going by what I've shared, what would you think my O day is? I just really want to know because if I O'ed on CD26 there could be a chance that I'm pregnant and I guess I want to prepare myself for that possibility LoL

November 23rd, 2009, 12:20 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisanAndy View Post
Thanks for all the info! I just decided to start taking temps again mid cycle. After the last EWCM day I noticed a real creamy type, where it was slick, white, and lotiony and I felt wet all day for about 3 days. The creamy CF I'm now noticing isn't as slick and it's cloudy. Going by what I've shared, what would you think my O day is? I just really want to know because if I O'ed on CD26 there could be a chance that I'm pregnant and I guess I want to prepare myself for that possibility LoL
If you still felt wet and slick, then that last day you marked as EWCM wouldn't have been your mucus Peak day. Your Peak day is the last day with a wet or slick feeling, even if the mucus looked creamy or cloudy. With that information, I'd put your Peak day on CD24 if that was the last time you felt wet/slick before noticing a change to feeling less slick. Ovulation generally occurs on the Peak day, the first day after, or the second day after - so that is consistent with your temps. They can take an extra day to rise in response to the fact that ovulation has occurred.

I think you're definitely in the 2WW.
November 23rd, 2009, 01:15 PM
Uh oh... LoL, ok good to know, thank you so much

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search