Random question about pregnancy dating (x-posted)

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just curious...

So if you chart and can tell when you ovulate, do you tell the doctor when you ovulated if it doesn't match up with the traditional Day 14 ovulation pregnancy wheel?

With my son, I ovulated on CD 18 the month he was conceived. I tried to tell the doctor that I knew when I ovulated, but ended up having an early US b/c they couldn't find his hb w/ the doppler and the measurements lined up with my LMP exactly, so I just let it go.... it was only a few days. Ended up delivering 4 days early, which was actually a full week early by my estimation.

So what if you O on CD25 or later or something? Just curious if doctors take that into account or not, in your experience.

My Ovulation Chart
December 4th, 2009, 05:01 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh boy, have I been there. I've conceived as a result of ovulation well after day 45 on multiple occasions, so you can imagine how far off the LMP due date calculation is for me!

The first time, I wasn't charting so I had no idea when I'd conceived.

The second time, I O'd on CD23 - so the dates were only off by about 9 days.

The third time, I O'd somewhere around CD60. I went through trying to explain it all and my OB didn't understand at all. He sent me for an early u/s, which only confirmed the dates I gave him. Went through it all again when the u/s tech asked for my LMP. I was like, "Uh, I can tell you but it really won't help date the pregnancy." She didn't get it either.

The fourth time, my OB was a little more co-operative, but he still ordered the early u/s. Rather than go through it all with the tech again, I just gave her a phony LMP date. Counted back 14 days from my ovulation day. LOL Surprise, surprise - my dates were dead on.

The fifth time, my OB just said - "So, when's your due date?"
December 5th, 2009, 05:13 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
shawna - that is hilarious. I knew when I ovulated this time around and when I got my first u/s, it was two days off. I was pretty happy about that one.
December 5th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
The fifth time, my OB just said - "So, when's your due date?"
LMBO!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search