Questions for BTDT moms who have charted post-partum (x-posted)

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, so this is my first full cycle post-partum since I had my 1st PPAF a couple of weeks ago at over 10 months post-partum after completely weaning my son.

I'm starting to think we're dumb for even trying this cycle. We probably should have taken the NTNP route since I have no idea what's going on. I'm on CD15 and have no sign of anything happening, although I know before getting pregnant I O'd as late as CD18.

It's hard to tell what my CM is doing, b/c I've been taking Mucinex....I never had very fertile CM before and we used Mucinex to conceive #1, so I figured we shouldn't even mess around and might as well use it from the get-go this time. But it's making charting confusing...that and the fact that I'm terrible at distinguishing ummm the effects of BDing from CM. All my OPKs have been negative so far. I did O before my first PPAF, so I was hoping I would this time, too.

I'm thinking I'm going to O really late and have a short luteal phase again, even though I'm taking Vitamin B6. Sad. I mean, it's been almost 11 months since I gave birth and a month now since I've weaned. When is my body going to get back to normal? I'm kinda frustrated The LAM method really worked too well for me...DH and I are really ready to have another baby.

Anyway, my question is...

Has anyone had much success at TTC the first PP cycle? Or is it pretty much just a bum cycle? Did you O later than usual?How long did it take things to get back to "normal"?

Thanks for your help!

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by wishfulgal; December 5th, 2009 at 07:32 PM.
December 5th, 2009, 09:02 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're feeling so frustrated. It's perfectly normal to experience irregularity (late ovulation included) during the first 6 cycles after weaning. Don't assume it's a bum cycle, it may not be. We conceived during my first cycle after #1, at 3 months PP...ovulation on CD23 - my earliest ovulation recorded since I began charting over 8 years ago.
December 6th, 2009, 05:12 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
I didn't continue BFing my daughter, but my cycles are still rather irregular after giving birth 4 months ago, although I'm seeing some regularity now. My LPs though are still like 5-6dop. Like Shawna said, your first few cycles are going to be irregular until your hormones get back on track. It ranges from woman to woman, so there really isn't a clear cut answer. I guess on average, though, Shawna is right about 5-6 cycles.
December 6th, 2009, 09:46 AM
benandali's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never charted post partum, but I did get pregnant my first cycle after I had my son.
December 6th, 2009, 03:37 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I'm pregnant with a baby conceived on the first postpartum cycle, and my cm was totally wacky that cycle...but I got pregnant.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search