Confused on CP

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2009, 02:46 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks to you fab ladies I found my cervix! Now I've been monitoring it for about 18 days now, and for the past two days its been soo high (at the same time of day I always check it, and at all other random times I've checked for mere curiosity). I have been getting - OPK but noticed a LITTLE CM (I have PCOS so ovulation doesn't always happen for me, to say the least)

I do think my cervix feels pretty soft....I can get just the tip of my finger next to it (its so high!) so it's hard for me to say for sure. Now from what I've read, it goes high before you ovulate right? And stays high if you conceive? How long before you ovulate would it go up so high?

I'm so confused because I always thought it was right before you O'd? Am I way wrong??

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
December 18th, 2009, 04:48 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It may not be right before you O. The CP can fluctuate a lot, so go by CM first and just use the CP as extra confirmation. The presence of CM, even just a little, indicates that estrogen is rising and you are in a fertile phase. If ovulation is going to be successful this time, the OPK may not turn positive for a few more days yet if this is the beginning of the fertile phase.
December 18th, 2009, 06:55 PM
i have had more CM than cycle than I usually do...the thing with PCOS is you can sometimes get a + OPK and not actually ovulate! SIGH! Thanks for the confirmation though!!!! You're like an encyclopedia of this NFP business! It's amazing!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
December 18th, 2009, 08:23 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
That's why we love Shawna. She's the PCOS/NFP/FAM book of knowlege

As for your CP yes it does fluctuate which is why it is best to check it at the same time each day. That way you can tell if there is a change. Yes, usually in order to conceive, the cervix needs to be high, soft and open and if you are pregnant, it does remain high, hardens, but closes.
December 19th, 2009, 02:02 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I have PCOS as well. I have a back up sign other than my CM and OPK - I get actual ovulation pain. Do you have anything like that?

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

December 20th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I don't think I do - I don't remember the last time I ovulated before Brylie though..I think high school (I gained a ton of weight after high school) and so the only time I ovulated was for my IUI (I dont remember ever having CM or anything like that prior) and I don't recall having O pains with my MA cycle

I don't think I ovulated on my first post partum cycle, which was 43 days long.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
December 22nd, 2009, 11:17 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well i can only tell you from my experience with CP.. My cervix gets high on about CD 11 and i O on CD 13 ad it almost immediately gets lower the day after ive Oed.. So even though i am potentially fertile before CD 11 my cervix isnt very high.. Also i have a hard time monitoring my CM but it SEEMS that my CM starts getting watery on CD 11 as well..

Also.. when i get pregnant (twice ive monitored my CP and been pregnant) it gets lower again and stays lower for a while... so its not like i can tell if im pregnant by monitoring my CP.. so thats me..

thats all generally what happens for me..

I have no idea what to tell you since you have PCOS but i know once my cervix gets so i high i can barely touch it that i am very fertile and will O in a couple days.

~Em

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search