new here

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Super Mommy
Hi. I just came across this board and it seems interesting. I can't take the pill or any hormonal birth control b/c of the side effects. DH has an allergy to latex so we have to use the more expensive non-latex condoms. We currently use the rhythim method for the most part and use protection for about half of the month. We're planning to TTC maybe around this time next year but if it happens sooner then that's okay too.

I just wanted to join you guys and learn a bit about this. I had never heard of it before.
December 19th, 2009, 06:19 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
Hi, welcome to the board. Looking forward to getting to know you. Have you done any research as to what method of choice you'd like to do?

Check out this link (Online Resources) for methods that are on there. I noticed that Fertility Awareness Method isn't on there. I'll have to get Shawna to amend her post, or I can redo it, since I'm host

Fertility Awareness Method goes with the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility which is a great book, actually.

I use that method for TTC and TTA.

Find the method that's right for you and your husband and go from there. BUt your hubby should really be on board with this too. Is he aware of your desire to go this route?
December 19th, 2009, 07:08 PM
benandali's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!!!!
December 19th, 2009, 07:14 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!
December 19th, 2009, 08:05 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Welcome to the board!!!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

December 20th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Super Mommy
I haven't really talked to him yet b/c I didn't know anything about it till I came across this board. He is a nurse so he'd deffinately be supportive. He's actually the one who has kept up with my period via a spreadsheet to determine when we are safe and when we aren't. I occasionally start early or late due to stress or other issues but he's been pretty accurate so far. I'd love to be able to pin down when I'm fertal though, right now to TTA. He'd have no problem at all being a part of the process
December 20th, 2009, 08:38 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm Meagan (20), SO is Dusty (21), and we have a daughter, Addisen (20 months). We are about to start NFP through the TCOYF methods, with the intention of TTA for now. It is also a great way to learn about your body, something that never hurts lol.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

December 20th, 2009, 08:58 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-dinh View Post
I haven't really talked to him yet b/c I didn't know anything about it till I came across this board. He is a nurse so he'd deffinately be supportive. He's actually the one who has kept up with my period via a spreadsheet to determine when we are safe and when we aren't. I occasionally start early or late due to stress or other issues but he's been pretty accurate so far. I'd love to be able to pin down when I'm fertal though, right now to TTA. He'd have no problem at all being a part of the process

Charting is a great way to tell when you're fertile, so you don't get caught off guard when ovulation is late or early. It's actually normal for the time of ovulation to fluctuate from cycle to cycle. Good luck!
December 20th, 2009, 10:03 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
Well if your husband is already doing that, let him continue to do the charting. He'll understand it right along with you That's what I'D do!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search