Is this my period?

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 24th, 2009, 08:45 PM
THE angry uterus
I've been spotting for a few days now, and although today is the heaviest, I wouldn't really call it a "period" per say... Just enough to stain my panties if I didn't have anything down there. I have noticed that earlier this cycle, before I was temping, I had a few short days of spotting and a drop in my milk supply (I'm still BFing). Were those few short days a "period", and is this one also? I'm just wondering if the BFing is lightening and shortening the cycle. I'm pretty sure I Oed the 14th, and I'm pretty sure I'm not PG, so I'm not worried about implantation spotting. I do have a history of days and days of spotting before AF shows, but I was just wondering... Hope to hear some input... Thanks!

Last edited by THE angry uterus; December 24th, 2009 at 08:49 PM.
December 25th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Sounds like the beginnings of your period coming on... especially if you have a history of several days of spotting before AF comes.

Took a look at your chart, and I agree with the ovulation date. Looks to me like you're starting, or are about to start AF.

December 25th, 2009, 06:19 PM
THE angry uterus
I guess I will count yesterday as CD 1 then. It's just so LIGHT though! I like this BFing period! Will it stay after weaning or will old non BFing period return? (boohiss!)
December 27th, 2009, 03:13 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Spotting days should be left with the previous cycle to calculate the LP length properly. CD1 is the first day of actual flow, when you need more than just a pantyliner. Spotting can be normal after discontinuing hormones and also while BFing, give it some time and your cycles should slowly improve.
December 27th, 2009, 06:19 PM
THE angry uterus
The last two days of spotting were actually like a very light flow. But then it got heavier and yesterday was horrible!! I swear it was heavier yesterday then when I left the hospital after delivering!! Today was better. It was lighter... But I sadly spoke too soon on the hopes of BFing giving me a lighter period! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search