Hi! Newbie!

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2010, 08:48 AM
LaceLuvMomi1's Avatar Rule #2 - Double Tap
Send a message via Yahoo to LaceLuvMomi1
Hi, I'm not new to NFP, but new to this forum

I'm Lacey (22) wife to Ted (26) and mom to Owen (4-1/2) and due with boy #2, Cash, February 2nd. I was using NFP before I got pregnant with Cash & ended up getting pregnant because I had finally figured it all out & knew how it was all working, our first real month of TTC was a success. Here's my dilemma though, how do you go about NFP after the baby comes? I don't want to use any kind of BC, but I'm worried because I'll be BFing & because you're not regular after baby is born that I'll end up pregnant again! Any advice or information?

Thanks!

[link=http://lilyslim.com][img noborder]http://swlf.lilyslim.com/Bz7Jm6.png[/img][/link]
January 12th, 2010, 09:55 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
Hi Lacey welcome to the board. Looking forward to getting to know you.

If you will be BFing, then you might qualify for LAM. There is a sticky about it below, but here is the link to be quick: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2...fertility.html (Breastfeeding Infertility and Post Partum Return to Fertility)

If all three rules apply to you, then you will be ok and considered infertile. However, just because you do the three rules outlined, doesn't mean that it will work for you. I know some women who did everything and AF returned in like 3 months and they were devastated about it. It's really going to determine how your body works and what it decides to do.

Once you get your first AF, then you can start to chart and pay more attention to your body. Your cycles are going to be really wonky at first and it takes about 6 cycles for your body to get back to normal.

Shawna - our resident NFP instructor and nurse - will correct me if I'm wrong.

Is this all right, Shawna?
January 12th, 2010, 10:18 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's all right except the part about waiting for the first AF. You can start charting and applying the pre-ovulation rules as soon as you no longer qualify for LAM - which may be before your first real PP AF. If LAM doesn't apply, ovulation can occur before the first post partum period - which is why the pre-ovulation rules kick in.

To the OP: welcome!!! Post partum charting is a bit different than what you were used to before baby, but it's possible. Several of us around here have done it multiple times. If you originally learned NFP from an instructor, after having a baby is a really good time for a refresher! Your teacher can walk you through post partum charting step by step so it's not too confusing for you.
January 12th, 2010, 10:26 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
Oh ok. So, once you know that LAM infertility is gone, then you can start to chart no matter what. I guess that would explain why you told me to start charting rather than waiting for my first PPAF.

Makes sense now.
January 12th, 2010, 11:45 AM
benandali's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome, I am currently charting, using BOM, and I'm 7 months post partum. It's been confusing and everything is very irregular but I'm still doing it and not pregnant! I have had one bleed...but it ended and only one day later I have all sortsa fertile CM! I'm working with an instructor which is very helpful and I recommend it!
January 12th, 2010, 02:09 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My Lacey!!! Welcome! Glad to see a familiar face over here!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

January 13th, 2010, 05:12 PM
LaceLuvMomi1's Avatar Rule #2 - Double Tap
Send a message via Yahoo to LaceLuvMomi1
Thanks!! That helps me a lot! I didn't learn NFP from an instructor, just read online what & whatnot to do.

Hi Meagan!

[link=http://lilyslim.com][img noborder]http://swlf.lilyslim.com/Bz7Jm6.png[/img][/link]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search