Question

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I'm Alyssa. I have a question about temping and I thought this would be the best place to ask. I haven't gotten AF back after having my youngest (well, I haven't gotten it back after having my oldest, technically, haha) I would like to start temping again, but I am not getting up at the same time consistently, and DD is still nursing during the night, so I often don't get a solid 3-4 hours of sleep. Is there a way around this, or should I be using other methods (cm, ferning, etc) until she is sleeping longer? TIA
January 25th, 2010, 09:12 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's totally up to you, a matter of personal preference! If you want to temp, just do your best to do it as close to the same time every morning - even if you were up with the baby during the night. The pattern will be bouncy, but you should still see a thermal shift when it occurs. Are you hoping to TTC or TTA?

It might be more helpful to track CM though. The temps will only tell you that ovulation has occurred after it's happened. That may still be some time away, perhaps months. The CM will tell you when you are potentially fertile or infertile before that point. All by itself, ferning isn't an overly accurate way to track fertility if you are hoping to TTA. If TTC, then you could go by just that if you wanted to.

Hope that helps!
January 25th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are TTA right now, sorry, should have included that! Thanks, I wasn't sure if temping would be even remotely possible right now. But I can manage temping and cm, even if it is a little uncertain. I am not comfortable yet with using just NFP/FAM, but I want to get started so that I can get more confident.
January 25th, 2010, 10:22 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you at all interesting in taking a class/course about how it all works while BFing, before your cycles return? There are home study and online course options, both pair you up with a teacher for personalized support.
January 26th, 2010, 07:04 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Alyssa! I started temping and checking CM before i got my first post partum period.. but we also used condoms until i got my period back and it regulated.. i really didnt want to take the chance that id miss any fertile symptoms and end up pregnant.. I know its very possible to use just your bodies symptoms, but like i said, just didnt want to risk it..

good luck.. and have fun.. i really enjoy knowing my body and being hormone free

~Em

January 27th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would be interested in a class, but I honestly don't know if I would trust myself until I get AF back, even with help.

Em, that is kind of what I am leaning toward right now, using condoms until things are regular. I don't trust the mini pill for anything, as you may remember, lol, and I am excited to be hormone free, too.
January 27th, 2010, 06:41 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I always use cm, but I temp too, and I've always had issues like you mentioned to contend with as well, but it is still obvious when I ovulate.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search