Nabothian cysts and bleeding

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2011, 07:59 AM
luvHim's Avatar Expecting #6
Has anyone ever had a nabothian cyst? I didn't know for sure where to ask this question, but thought you ladies know all about your bodies. A nabothian cyst is a mucous-filled cyst on your cervix. My midwife had found it and said it was harmless after my last baby. I could feel it myself when I'd check cp and cm. Now I'm wondering, can it cause bleeding after intercourse? I've read mixed answers on that one. The other night after intercourse, I had some blood mixed in with dh's semen. I have never had that happen before. And I was 5dpo.....so right away I thought implantation bleeding. But the more I think about it, the less it seems likely. For one, we were not trying although our backup plan could've failed (using sp), and also, why would it happen right after intercourse? So I keep coming back to this cyst. Yet I don't remember it actually being very big this month....

There, now I've confused you, too. LOL If anyone has any insight as to why I would maybe spot at 5dpo, I'd love it. Dh is the only sex partner I've ever had, and him with I, so it wouldn't be an std. I took a pg test today at 8dpo and it was bfn. Although I know that's too early to tell. Any input would be appreciated!

D~10 T~8 M~7 L~5 W~2

Angel #4
6wk6d February 11, 2012

June 27th, 2011, 10:34 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I always have cysts and have never had bleeding after sex. I don't know what could have caused it. How much blood was it?

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

June 27th, 2011, 10:40 AM
THE angry uterus
I believe so. That was one of the things they checked me for with all my spotting were cycsts and polys on my cervix. I did have a like fragile cervix where it would spot after exams and sex, or whenever touched for the most part. They did a treatment on it and its stopped in that aspect. Turned out I didn't have a cysts. The spotting could be low progesterone though.
June 27th, 2011, 10:50 AM
The bleeding wasn't very much....and turned brown after an hour and was pretty much gone by morning. I've never had this happen to me before, except maybe once when it actually was implantation. But I've had this cyst for probably a year now. Why would it start bleeding now? And fwiw, I check cp quite a bit and never bleed from it or from intercourse, unless within the few weeks after delivering a baby.

This was just really weird for me and I'm stumped as to what it is.

D~10 T~8 M~7 L~5 W~2

Angel #4
6wk6d February 11, 2012

June 27th, 2011, 11:10 AM
THE angry uterus
I didn't bleed all the time when before I had the cervical ablation (where they put the stuff on my cervix to stop it from bleeding... I think that is what it was called...) I would start spotting during internal exams, sometimes during sex, not always (probably when my cervix was firmer and lower), sometimes after a BM, sometimes after running. My preAF spotting did get lighter after it and it did switch from red to brown.

Some random spotting is normal, but when you get a lot like mine, it indicates something is wrong. Just keep an eye on it and if it happens frequently, call your midwife or Doc. HTH
June 27th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Thanks!

D~10 T~8 M~7 L~5 W~2

Angel #4
6wk6d February 11, 2012

June 27th, 2011, 12:50 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think as long as implantation is possible, I would wait and test again. If it's not implantation and it continues, it might be a good idea to get the cyst checked out to see if it's the cause of the spotting.
June 27th, 2011, 01:00 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I agree with Shawna's statement.

June 30th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Just an update....looks like it was probably the cyst since AF is on her way. I had called my midwife and she said that they can bleed and if it keeps happening to come in and she'll check it out. Hasn't happened since, though.

Thanks for all your advice.

D~10 T~8 M~7 L~5 W~2

Angel #4
6wk6d February 11, 2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search