Grumble Grumble

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I am used to my irregular cycles. They are regularly irregular. I will O between CD 16 and CD 40. My LP will ALWAYS be 12 days. I will have between 1 and 8 days of EWCM before ovulation. I may have sticky-->creamy buildup to EWCM, or only one, or neither.

Recently (last 4 cycles) I have had mid-cycle spotting. Not really spotting - literally like one strand of CF on the toilet paper that has a pink or brown tinge on it. That you would never, ever see if you weren't looking for it. And then about 7 days after that spot, I would ovulate. So OK. New thing. Interesting. (I have NEVER had a midcycle spot before.)

THIS CYCLE IS BEYOND BIZARRE. UGH. I can't just be regularly irregular, nooooo. I have to be irregularly irregular too.

I am on CD 34. I had a period before CD 20 where I had several sticky days and then the weird sperm-like CM for one day and then dry again and then 10 DAYS of minimal blood tinged CF. The first 6 days were dry days except for tiny streaks of blood on the TP and then the last 4 were like when I wiped I would get some EWCM-like blood. Two of the days felt dry and two felt really wet. Today felt dry again. The blood went from brown to red and now apparently back to brown. Nothing to come NEAR the quality or quantity of EWCM I generally get, and no clues from temps either except I have not O'd.

I am annoyed.

June 30th, 2011, 11:20 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How frustrating. It sounds like withdrawal bleeding following an attempt (or attempts) at ovulation that failed.
July 1st, 2011, 01:07 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Sorry girl. Frustrating cycles are really not cool.

July 1st, 2011, 10:59 AM
It sucks. And it is weird! I have had failed attempts at Ovulation dozens and dozens of times and never once have I seen the tiniest bit of blood outside of my period. And the fact that I started having that weird spotting 4 cycles ago alongside successful ovulation really throws me for a loop.

I am wondering if I should go get Progesterone? I usually just hold out and the only time I've ever done it was my 5 month cycle, but this continual almost-bleeding is too weird.

July 1st, 2011, 03:02 PM
Maybe seeing a doc about it wouldn't hurt?

July 1st, 2011, 03:42 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
WOW that does sound extremely frustrating. Maybe it is time to talk to the doc?

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

July 1st, 2011, 05:59 PM
Well I don't know what talking would really do. I think I might jump start this cycle with progesterone soon, but I can get that from a midwife. The answers I get from a doctor are to take birth control or take clomid. I am sure if I really pushed I could get expensive testing. Since I ovulate and can get pregnant, I'm not too worried. Annoyed though...

July 2nd, 2011, 06:20 PM
My docs have always been helpful and supportive on this, so that's why I said that, but talk to the midwife, she's the same to me...I really couldn't tell much difference between my OB experiences and my midwife one.

July 2nd, 2011, 08:00 PM
Oh, I don't think the midwife will have any better answers, lol, I would just go to her to get a Provera script, since she is my current provider.

And I mean, I could probably hunt down an OB who is a little more knowledgeable about charting (maybe). But what on earth are they going to say/do about it? I mean, they're either going to medicate or test, and it all becomes A Big Deal, right? Or they will tell me to lose weight I am sure - most of the overweight women I know get that. Never mind that my cycles have been like this since they started, back when I was a healthy weight competitive athlete.

I am asking out of genuine curiosity, because I don't have as much experience with this. I have never had an annual exam. The years I was on the pill I squeezed through the cracks somehow and never had one, and then didn't see anyone until I was pregnant, and just for pregnancy and birth stuff, and none since. I have asked OBs whose offices I have been in and those were the answers I got. But I have never searched out a good provider to ask these questions to. If there is knowledge about this that doesn't involve testing or drugs, I would really like to know. Cause I would totally be up for that.

July 2nd, 2011, 08:05 PM
My aunt is a doctor, and she does do the OB thing, she's actually family practice, but in a small town that makes you everything...anyway, whenever I got to her with anything, she always has thoughts on it, so my opinion of doctors helping out is normally pretty good, but I've had bad experiences too.

July 7th, 2011, 09:39 AM
I'm on day 41, spotting stopped last Friday. Started taking OPKs a few days ago (just for fun) and they are getting darker!!! I am holding out hope I will O within a week. My CF is still really erratic though.

July 7th, 2011, 10:10 AM
luvHim's Avatar Expecting #6
I noticed you said you've never had an annual exam. Can your midwife do one? I don't know if this is your problem at all, but I had post-O bleeding last cycle and I think it was because of a cyst on my cervix. Kind of like a blister....it rather freaked me out. But had I not had an exam, I would've never known that's probably what it was. My midwife told me it was there after my papsmear and I can actually feel it myself. Feels rather like a pimple on my cervix. I think it'd be a good idea to see your midwife and have her do at least a papsmear.

I like your midwife blinkie! My midwife is great, too.

D~10 T~8 M~7 L~5 W~2

Angel #4
6wk6d February 11, 2012

July 7th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Well, I know I don't have any cervical cysts, because I frequently check my cervix. I have had a couple paps - one before and one after my pregnancy. The one before was when I went in to get Progesterone to end a 5 month cycle and the other was at my 6 week postpartum exam. I should probably actually go ahead and get one before I get pregnant again. I have no desire to get one while pregnant since I know that makes them come back abnormal a lot.

Blarh. I have an OB consult in two weeks, so I should probably get a pap then. I will definitely ask about my cycles. We'll see.

July 8th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Sounds like a good plan.

July 8th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Yesterday I had egg white and today nothing. I JUST got a positive OPK a few minutes ago. I used them last cycle for the first time and got positives for 3 days (ovulate within 24 hours of getting a positive my butt!). I am really interested to see how this comes to a close (and really hoping it DOES come to a close.)

July 9th, 2011, 09:48 PM
MauMama's Avatar formerly La_Sirena
Do you happen to have a mild case of PCOS? I was dx with PCOS because my cycles are irregular length but I always ovulate and fall pregnant easily (tendency to miscarry also a PCOS criteria).

My RE said that women like myself can have about 1 period a year in which just nothing goes right at all and then sorts itself out. He said it's fairly common in other non-PCOS women with higher testosterone as well.

I'm just wondering if maybe your hormones have got a bit wonky this cycle and it's a throw-away one.

I hate irregular periods. I'd love to be one of those 28 day girls.

Jen + Matt
Parents to Sophie, the Wondergirl
Asperger's Syndrome
Joint Hypermobility
GERD & Constipation
Anxiety

Angels Autum & Isla (2007)
+ 7 others (2002 - 2011)

Mama with arthritis & connective tissue disorder called TRaPS
I've been charting since Jan 16, 2001 and TTA since April 2007.
July 9th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauMama View Post
Do you happen to have a mild case of PCOS? I was dx with PCOS because my cycles are irregular length but I always ovulate and fall pregnant easily (tendency to miscarry also a PCOS criteria).

My RE said that women like myself can have about 1 period a year in which just nothing goes right at all and then sorts itself out. He said it's fairly common in other non-PCOS women with higher testosterone as well.

I'm just wondering if maybe your hormones have got a bit wonky this cycle and it's a throw-away one.

I hate irregular periods. I'd love to be one of those 28 day girls.
That's interesting. I never thought about a mild case of PCOS. Like the PCOS criteria there are a few things that maybe-sorta could fit but a lot of them don't with the biggest being that I consistently ovulate and of course got pregnant totally on accident 6 days pre-O.

In my first year of charting I had a 5 month cycle I had to end, and then pregnancy, LAM, etc., a year and then this, so that is really interesting. If I haven't ovulated by my appointment on the 21st I'll ask for progesterone I think. I'll have to ask about the mild PCOS thing too.

ETA: After reading again, the only symptom I have is the cycles. I am overweight, but my cycles have been like this since the beginning, when I was a thin and extremely athletic teen.

Last edited by Sk8ermaiden; July 9th, 2011 at 10:10 PM.
July 13th, 2011, 02:17 PM
And now I am bleeding again, but differently. Oh my freaking goodness. I am just about done with this nonsense!!

July 13th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Awww, I wonder what keeps happening.

July 13th, 2011, 09:33 PM
I think my period is here.

Obviously it is breakthrough bleeding as I definitely did not ovulate, but apparently my body is as sick of this cycle as I am, so I am starting a new chart anyway. Hopefully this will be a reset for me and I will ovulate before too long. I am talking to hubs about whether to start TTC now. We'll see.

So that's a new one on me. AFAIK, I have never had an annovulatory cycle before (well, one, but I ended it, so no idea if I would have eventually ovulated.)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search