I'm so mad!!

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2011, 06:41 AM
THE angry uterus
My OB/GYN's office called and left me a message to call the nurses back. Getting a little panicky about my pap I had over a month ago I called right back. I have a history of CINI and then CINIII on two seperate occations gifts from my exhusband and his running around. Anyway, so I start to panic a little thinking they sent me the wrong notice about my pap being normal when in fact it wasn't and they've been waiting for me to call them to set up appointments for colposcopies, etc. So, I call and you want to know WHY they called me six weeks after my appointment? It wasn't about my pap!! The doctor wanted the nurse to discuss with me the "importance" of confirming my latex allergy. WT...? REALLY?!! THAT IS WHY THEY CALLED ME?! I went off on the poor nurse telling her that maybe the doctor could just trust me about this, all the hospitals are going latex free, so its NOT a big deal if it isn't confirmed. I told her I didn't need the doctor to confirm that I had a latex allergy, and I was NOT going to have a blood draw for something I already knew. I told them if they WOULD have ordered the cholesterol and the glucose I fasted 12 hours for then I would have had the latex allergy drawn at the same time, but since she changed her mind and didn't order it or any other labs, I wasn't going to get it. I did say maybe in the future that I MIGHT agree to it, IF I had another draw for something actually important. I'm just fuming right now!! How can she sit there and be "concerned" about my latex allergy status but refuse to acknowledge my LPD and issues surround it? "My hormones are normal, I have a period every month!" Aggghhhhh!!!

I know, I know. I need a new doc... Again. I've been looking. The problem is, I'm looking at the competing hospital's midwives. I've got a year, and since I am now working with all sorts of OB/GYNs and midwives I can see which one I like the best! (Although I do see more Peds then OBs...)
July 1st, 2011, 07:08 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Wow! That seems kinda weird that she'd be more concerned about an allergy rather than the other issues. I'm sorry. I really do think you need a new doc!

July 1st, 2011, 08:44 AM
booboobunny's Avatar mzdee
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessdmommy View Post
Wow! That seems kinda weird that she'd be more concerned about an allergy rather than the other issues. I'm sorry. I really do think you need a new doc!
Ditto.

I had abnormal pap's in the past and i know how stressful that is. The first time mine occurred they sent a letter in the mail. I was sort of pissed about that. But i'm glad it wasn't anything serious for you but i could see why you were pissed. Good OB/GYN are hard to find IMO. Since we moved out here i finally made my yearly pap appointment and the nurse practitioner that saw me was very nice but was kind of rough during the exam. My hubby doesn't see what the big deal is but i'm like its a big deal. You want to go to someone that your happy with. And for me is that the doctor has good bed side manner (knowledgeable, friendly, not judgmental etc) , nurses that work in the office are friendly and helpful.

Me - Daynuh

July 1st, 2011, 09:03 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ARGH, that's so frustrating!
July 1st, 2011, 01:11 PM
THE angry uterus
Thanks for letting me vent. I guess the doc isn't going to risk called a P.O.ed woman to deal with something as stupid as a latex allergy. The office closes in like an hour and I'm sure she doesn't care that much about it or me. I feel better getting the vent out though.
July 1st, 2011, 02:05 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Geesh that is frustrating. You'd figure they call over something more serious than that.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

July 1st, 2011, 02:53 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Dude every time I say I have a sensitivity to latex nobody's ever needed me to confirm, just to tell them what happens when I'm around it, WTH.

July 1st, 2011, 04:30 PM
THE angry uterus
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post
Dude every time I say I have a sensitivity to latex nobody's ever needed me to confirm, just to tell them what happens when I'm around it, WTH.

I know!! Its been about 14 years since I've figured it out and NOW they want to test it?! I don't think so!
July 2nd, 2011, 06:21 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
That's pretty darn lame! *boo*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search