Need help interpretting chart!

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, yes I know I am pg and I have a good idea of my DD since I am so far along, but just for educations sake I would like to know what you experienced ladies think is going on here.
FYI: ovulation Day 1 was when my ovacue confirmed ovulation. OD2 is when I got a second message confirming ovulation. My OB has my due date as oct 15th. If I put O day on OD1 my EDD is 10/10, and then 10/12 if I choose OD2. It isn't a big deal, but I would like to try to figure this out so that after DS is born I have a better handle on things!

1fdd2d Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com

Thanks!

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
July 28th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca0217 View Post
Ok, yes I know I am pg and I have a good idea of my DD since I am so far along, but just for educations sake I would like to know what you experienced ladies think is going on here.
FYI: ovulation Day 1 was when my ovacue confirmed ovulation. OD2 is when I got a second message confirming ovulation. My OB has my due date as oct 15th. If I put O day on OD1 my EDD is 10/10, and then 10/12 if I choose OD2. It isn't a big deal, but I would like to try to figure this out so that after DS is born I have a better handle on things!

1fdd2d Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com

Thanks!
It looks to me like you ovulated on CD 24, 6 days after "OD2." Ovulation is confirmed by a temp shift and that is where yours is. The EW you had and the peak reading might have been your body gearing up and attempting to O, but it didn't actually achieve it until later.

July 28th, 2011, 03:25 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would agree with CD24, as that's when the thermal shift began. It's not unusual for the OvaCue monitor to "detect" ovulation when it hasn't actually happened yet. It detects when your hormone levels are rising because your body is trying to ovulate, but it can't tell the difference between an attempt that fails and one that is successful.

I also think it's important to have the right DD so you can avoid being induced unnecessary for being "overdue." Remember, your OB is probably basing the date on your LMP. That assumes ovulation was day 14, like the textbooks say. Based on this chart, I'd give you a DD closer to October 18th.

Last edited by ShawnaCAN; July 28th, 2011 at 03:29 PM.
July 28th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much for the info! My Ob is actually going off my first ultrasound for the EDD, thankfully he is not one of those docs who is all for induction and thinks taht every woman has the same cycle He always asks about my charting and stuff. He is pretty cool. I am happier to hear that the EDD is later on, I have had preterm labor once and my 3rd came 3 weeks early...she had a really hard time gaining weight and I am doing everything I can to make sure this one cooks until 38 weeks at least! Even using hypnobabies to help deal with stress
thanks again, really...later is GOOD

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
July 28th, 2011, 10:07 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Glad you were able to get some help

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search