Advice please - do you agree with FF? 3rd cycle post mid-tri loss.

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2011, 04:05 AM
AmandaHugNKiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
X-posted in Fertility Charting - trying to cover the bases where knowlegable posters will be!

I'll start by saying I know if I wait until the cycle is over the picture should be clearer - but, for now, I'm confused and obsessing so I'd really appreciate your help/thoughts.

A little background:

I'm still breastfeeding my 16month old, lots, particularly through the night. Nevertheless my periods returned when he was 3 months, and when I resumed charting in october last year I found that although my O was delayed (normal for bf, I understand) my lp was still its usual 14 days which was heartning. When my new cycle started we decided to ttc and I fell pregnant the first month (December by the time I O'd!).

Heartbeat seen at 7+3, great nuchal scan at 12+1, then I spiked a very high fever at 12+6 and a nasty viral illness for over a week. When I went for a gender scan at 16+1 the baby's heart had stopped. They couldn't give me an exact date as all the measurements didn't match but they figured around 13+4 - when I was very ill. Anyway, I was induced on April 1st with Cytotech at 16+5 but hemoragged badly after delivery and was rushed to the OR for an emergency ERPC. I scrapped by the skin of my teeth into not needing a transfusion but was very weak for some time, physically. Emotionally? Well, it still hits me quite hard out of the blue now and then.

Last month we decided to ttc again. I began charting again to check I was O'ing. Another delayed O at CD20 followed by a woeful 9 day lp with very erratic up/down temps during the lp.

And now, this month (link in siggy). Initially, FF gave me CD18 as O. At 7 dpo I decided to take an ic just to give me a control to compare again (hadn't used this brand before). It threw a nasty evap, and on a whim I decided to dip an opk (had been getting negatives up to about cd20, so I gave up on them). It was suuuuuper dark, even darker than the control. For the last three days temps are nice and steady, more like how they usually look through my lp.

I guess, I'm asking that if when you look at my chart, do you think I O'd on CD25 with a fallback rise, or CD27? We'd stopped BD with any 'timing' as FF had given me crosshairs for CD18 although I thought I'd O'd CD20 (more in keeping with when it usually is and the dip followed by a high is very 'me' too).

So! Please give me your considered insights. After the loss, and the whacky cycles, I'd like some reassurance that I'm FINALLY returning to normal and so maybe have a chance at ttc a rainbow.

Many thanks for your time

DS4 has arrived! 18th May 2012. 9lb 1oz. Beautiful!

Breastfeeding, co-sleeping
August 2nd, 2011, 07:39 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I would keep it at CD 25. Even CD 27 is above the line. I am going off of the OPK turning negative after a positive. Did you have any CM observed on CD25?

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

August 2nd, 2011, 07:53 AM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would normally say CD 20 based off your chart, because I see the clearest temp shift there, however, that OPK is super confusing and I really don't know.

August 2nd, 2011, 11:27 AM
Geoeek, cd25 I noticd the tiniest streak of blood in what I figured was either ewcm or semen (it was after bd) so I only noted 'sptting' on my chart as a) I thought O was already gone(!) and b) really wasn't sure which it was (and didn't bother with the water test given I thought O had gone.... Just about nothing the last few days, really dried up. Which kinda answers the question, I suppose!

Sk8er, the opk threw me too, considering I fiured I'd O'd and it was far darker than I've ever seen before (admittedly only used them for three cycles). But, yes, those other two cycles, I got my positive then O'd the following day.

August 2nd, 2011, 05:45 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I would say CD 20 as well personally.

August 5th, 2011, 12:59 AM
A little more info has become apparent:

it would seem, that for some reason, the high sensitivity wondfo give some ladies a positive looking hpt at OVULATON! I know it seems weird, but there is a thread about it in AIP as three of us have recently had it happen. My thoughts as to why are over on that thread too

Gah, I just really wanted at least a normal LP after the cruddy 9 days last month... but today is 8 dpo and I've dropped to the coverline. WHich is a day EARLIER than last month! I really thouht things were straightening out as my temps were quite even post-o.

I know, Iknow, it COULD be an implantation dip (jury out as to whether they even exist!) but... I don't know.

Anyone have a crystal ball?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search