CM Charting Question

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2011, 10:33 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Ladies how would chart CM that feels sticky and watery at the same time? Let me see if I can explain this well...

It's really hard to explain but when I look at my CM for the past week or so, it starts off looking like it's going to be creamy/watery but it also has that crumbly look to it. When you feel it it feels sticky and as the day goes one it I don't really have anything that would resemble creamy. When I get creamy CM I can really feel it down there. This time it feels somewhat sticky, wet and cold. So I've been charting it as sticky and leave it be. Also my cervical position and feel are different than what it's normally like when AF is about to show. Normally I stay low and firm, this time it's changed to midway and medium. I just can't tell if the opening is closed or partially open. I always have a hard time telling those two apart so I haven't charted that for the past few days.

Any help in understanding my screwy body this month is greatly appreciated.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

August 29th, 2011, 02:00 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the way you're making your observations might be causing more confusion than clarity. How it feels on your fingertips doesn't really matter. I would actually encourage you to avoiding touching it altogether. How it makes you feel when you walk around during the day is the most important. So if you notice a sticky feeling while you walk around - chart it as "sticky" regardless of how it looks. If you notice a wet or watery feeling while you walk around, chart it as "wet" or "watery" regardless of how it looks. Always chart the most fertile observation of the day.

Does that help at all?
August 29th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Yeah it does. I just can't help but feel it because I check my cervix in the mornings. I'll just keep a mental note of the am and see how it goes for the rest of the day. Thanks Shawna.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)

August 29th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Can you save your cervix check for the evening? Then you can monitor CM all day long, record what you've observed....and THEN check the cervix before bed?
August 29th, 2011, 02:08 PM
I can try that. It will just be a tough habit to break at first.

Liz (36) Kev (35)

August 30th, 2011, 08:57 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
The touching it thing is hard for me to break since I originally learned a method that had you test the stretchiness of it...but I'm doing better and better all the time at just going off feeling and stuff.

August 31st, 2011, 06:35 AM
It's hard not to check it for stretchiness. But since I'm using FAM shouldn't I be checking it with my finger?

Liz (36) Kev (35)

August 31st, 2011, 07:42 AM
You can stretch if it you want to, but only what you find externally and don't worry about how it feels on your fingertips. The nerve endings at your fingertips are not the same as the nerve endings at the vulva. The vulva is more sensitive to wetness.Don't examine mucus that you find internally.

If it's all just too confusing, you can keep a vaginal sensation record. That will tell you everything you need to know. The appearance, color, stretchability of the mucus is all secondary to how it makes you feel at the vulva.
August 31st, 2011, 07:43 AM
OK thanks for helping me out so much Shawna.

Liz (36) Kev (35)

September 1st, 2011, 07:46 AM
benandali's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah if I went by the feel and the stretchiness of it I would be confused as crap! I use BOM but I do happen to notice what it looks like on the toilet paper adn its always pretty darn stretchy....

I think if you can just go by what you feel as you walk around and do your cervix in the evening it will def help!
September 1st, 2011, 10:23 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I like that explanation because I never do check the sensation on my fingertips I know it is a different feeling there so that wouldn't make sense to me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search