How often do you chance it?

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2011, 06:26 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
For those TTA, how often do you take a chance?

September 26th, 2011, 07:22 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Once in awhile, not too often though.
September 27th, 2011, 07:39 AM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Way more often than I should. lol. Although we are more going with the FAM method, so I think all around that method is a little riskier. I also just recently came off the bcp, so I am still not regular in my cycle yet. However, once I know I am ovulating again, I will definitely be careful to not take any risks.
September 27th, 2011, 08:01 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
With FAM, I have to agree that we take a risk every time we DTD during fertile times which would make practically every cycle. We are good with that for now. As far as not using protection during fertile times, we have chanced it 2 times in 3 years of TTA.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 27th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyJ View Post
Way more often than I should. lol. Although we are more going with the FAM method, so I think all around that method is a little riskier. I also just recently came off the bcp, so I am still not regular in my cycle yet.

FAM's got guidelines for irregularity though. You just go with what your signs each day, to determine if you should consider yourself fertile or not on any given day.
September 27th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
FAM's got guidelines for irregularity though. You just go with what your signs each day, to determine if you should consider yourself fertile or not on any given day.
This is helpful! The only thing that I worry about is that with FAM, does condoms and other "preventative" actions inhibit signs like CM? I worry about that, so I am not sure if CM is a clear indicator in my cycles that I should be using as a reliable sign of O.
September 27th, 2011, 11:01 AM
benandali's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
100% never ever lol!
September 27th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyJ View Post
This is helpful! The only thing that I worry about is that with FAM, does condoms and other "preventative" actions inhibit signs like CM? I worry about that, so I am not sure if CM is a clear indicator in my cycles that I should be using as a reliable sign of O.

That's a fair concern. Lubricants/spermicides and chemicals used with barriers can affect CM, making for less reliable readings about your body. I guess the FAM rule for that is basically, "When in doubt, consider yourself fertile." Are you temping as well?
September 27th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
That's a fair concern. Lubricants/spermicides and chemicals used with barriers can affect CM, making for less reliable readings about your body. I guess the FAM rule for that is basically, "When in doubt, consider yourself fertile." Are you temping as well?
Yes I've been temping as well, but I only started doing this about six weeks after coming off the BCP. Unfortunately, my temps are making it difficult to tell if I am fertile or not. According to FF, I have not ovulated yet and it has been six weeks. I am hoping that is just because my body is still adjusting to coming off bcp and not because it is something else. That is why I was trying to track CM, but I think that is also not the most reliable method right now. Hopefully things regulate soon!
September 27th, 2011, 11:58 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I guess if you would count the "pull-out" method to be risking it then we always do but to be honest DH is very good with it. It has yet to fail us in the 3 and a half years we have practiced it.

September 27th, 2011, 04:12 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I no longer think of pull-out as risky as I did before after some stuff I read about it recently.

September 27th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Lolly13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Never (yet!) Although we have been truly tempted on many occasions... ;-)

Thank you to Natasha for my incredible siggie!

September 28th, 2011, 11:00 AM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Never, I guess, unless you count condoms not being 100%. We use condoms before I ovulate and up to 3 days after my temps rise. I also use opks just cause I like to POAS.

October 4th, 2011, 10:00 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
We don't ever lol, I really want another child but not until Korbin is at least 2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search