Conception Poll

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2011, 09:20 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tell us about your NFP or FAM conceptions
October 12th, 2011, 09:35 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No poll. If you've used NFP or FAM to TTC, tell us about it! Did it help? If you've conceived while TTA, how did it happen? Did you know you were taking a chance? Were you in the learning stage and didn't quite understand it all? Did your instructor make an error?
October 12th, 2011, 09:48 AM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am just staring out with FAM, so I don't have any experience yet in using it to conceive as we are more TTA right now. However, it has helped me a ton learn more about my body then I ever thought possible. It is pretty empowering to know exactly what amount of control you have over your body. While the bcp did what is was supposed to do for me, there were so many side effects involved. I am excited to use the knowledge I am acquiring now to help us when the time comes to finally TTC.

I have to admit that I am taking a chance using this method to TTA as I not nearly as knowledgable about it, but that is a fault of my own if I do get pg and not the method itself. I haven't taken any classes on NFP or FAM unless you count watching free online videos. I have been mostly trying to teach it to myself, especially since it wouldn't be a big deal to get an oops, kwim? But again, if it did happen, that would be my fault and not the fault of the method at all.
October 12th, 2011, 10:50 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I used FAM with Kev after my first cycle ended up in a bfn. My second cycle, and first time charting ended up with my bouncing baby boy. I am very aware of how lucky we got that time around, especially with my endo. When we were TTA for the past two years we just used the withdrawal method and I paid attention to my body signs and tried to avoid. However, with a husband who has the libido of a teenager, that's a hard thing to do. I'm chalking it up to w/d and my endo as to why I didn't get pregnant before.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

October 12th, 2011, 11:32 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
We had a couple of cycles that we knowingly took a chance of conception and we indeed got pregnant. Those ended in natural miscarriages. We switched to TTC September of last year. Every cycle we tried we got pregnant. Those ended in natural miscarriages as well. I took baby aspirin because of suspected clotting disorders and after my AF was "normal" we tried again and conceived the baby that will grace our presence soon!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 12th, 2011, 11:43 AM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used FAM with both of my pregnancies, and I fell pregnant with both after DTD one time. I had a missed miscarriage with the first pregnancy and a D&C, and it was nice to be able to use charting to see when my cycle was starting to normalize again.

October 13th, 2011, 08:19 AM
benandali's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby #1, didn't use anything, no knowledge of NFP, just got preggo

Baby #2, again no knowledge of true NFP. I thought it was the good ol rhythm method. So we avoided for a few days around cd 14, them dtd and along came baby #2 lol! Looking back I was SO fertile when we dtd because we were camping and I remember thinking "why the heck am I so wet and have so much mucus?!"

Baby #3. We were learning BOM and TTA. Got pregnant due to miscommunication and error on the part of my instructor.

Now: I have a new instructor and pretty much re-learned BOM. It's going great! We are TTA
October 14th, 2011, 01:37 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
We were using FAM after the birth of my 3rd child, things were going good as we were TTA. When Thayden was around 10 months old I got pregnant with Korbin. My grandmother had just passed about 2 1/2 weeks before we conceived him, I wasn't paying good enough attention to my fertile signs and yup now we have a beautiful baby boy

October 14th, 2011, 09:10 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I would not say I have ever really used it to help me conceive, I can relate my conceptions to it, but I don't think I was using it to help me so much, except for this time I would say that my knowledge of my fertile time did make us have to have the conversation that we needed to switch over to TTC or avoid, and we didn't avoid, so...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search