Question for you ladies

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2011, 08:24 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I'm more or less a lurker on your board, and I have been TTC for 6 cycles. Before that we used FAM to avoid. This month right before I should have ovulated, I get sick with a bug, which has delayed ovulation. My CM has slowly gone back to it's infertile state, my temps are still pre-o temps (I wasn't planning on temping at all this month, but decided to when I figured my ovulation would be delayed). My OPKs have been negative. My CM and vaginal sensations seems to be switching back to fertile, but sometimes I have fertile CM for a week before I actually ovulate. Anyways, getting to my point. DH is leaving Saturday and will be gone all week for work. I'm wondering if you know of any tricks to get my body to ovulate before then. If we don't get pregnant this month, next month will likely be out too because he'll be gone when I should be fertile next month too. So if I don't ovulate soon this cycle, I'm out for two cycles Any suggestions, no matter how crazy sounded, would be greatly appreciated.
December 5th, 2011, 08:34 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry, there isn't really anything you can do to make yourself ovulate sooner. Your body will do what it wants to do. Just do what you can to eliminate unnecessary stress from your life right now. Stress is your #1 enemy when it comes to TTC. Don't speculate too much about next month though, every cycle is unique. Christmas tends to do a number on charts anyway (because of all the stress), so you might get an unexpected surprise and ovulate at a different time than you're predicting.
December 5th, 2011, 10:22 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Hopefully you ovulate before he leaves or after he gets back.

December 6th, 2011, 04:43 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Thanks, ladies! After going to the doctor, I'm feeling much better today, and it looks like I may have ovulated after all. My CM went back to it's normal BIP phase over 2 days (which looking at past charts and notes, is what it usually does after O), and my temp this morning was without fever and in my normal post-ovulation temp range. Unfortunately, I didn't temp earlier this month, so it's impossible to tell by temps alone. But I'm pretty sure I did ovulate, even though I never got a positive OPK. Thank you again for your help! If I'm not pregnant this month, I'll try not to obsess about DH not being there next month, because like you said, Shawna, every month is different.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search